AK Interactive real color paints

Hey all,

I recently just bought myself some of these new paints from AK Interactive Real color paints. I'm really excited by the breadth of colours in their range. In particular, lots of Aggressor/Adversary colours as well as some Eastern bloc paints. The colour concentration looks really intense.

What's the verdict on them? Has anyone used these as yet and have any insight? Photos of models are most welcome...

Happy building all... Cheers 

I like them! Easy to spray when thinned about 1:1 with their own thinner, drying very fast and odour is not bad. Cleaning the airbrush is easy with IPA. And they take handling quite well, no lifting up with masking tape, even without a primer. Doing my first build with them, and they are much easier than Vallejo and Lifecolor, on a par with Tamiya and ModelMaster acrylics.

IMG_0610.jpg

Just bought a bunch of their paints. I like them so far. A few colors are questionable. For Adversary work, their 35450 and 35190 are excellent. Their 35109 is a bit too light and a touch purple. MM 35109 is a dead on perfect match to the FS color and is darker with more blue. I'd probably buy a dark blue Real Color bottle and add a few drops to rich and darken it up. Just my take.

Picture also shows MRP 35190 and 35450. I like the Real Air color version better.

AK_MRP_MM blue test.jpg

On 2/25/2019 at 10:04 AM, viper730 said:

Anyone use water with these my colors turn into a blob when I added water or X-20A. yet 91% IPA is fine as are MLT and Tamiya LT and store brand. Lacquer very confused as to why a Acrylic Lacquer wont thin with water

They are lacquers plain and simple just like Mr Color aka Gunze paints. Thin with lacquer thinner.

Mark

Yep just found out they changed the Formulation a lil while back to be pure Lacquer. No big deal I was confused because first they marketed it as an Acrylic Lacquer. Really the only thing I wanted was a few colors to supplement my Tamiya panit stash. Like a dozen or so specific modern USN/USAF colors. I took the 125 mile round trip ride today to the LHS  as they just got in another batch of the colors and  some of the AKI High Compatibility Thinner which I bought. Did a lil test and their stuff works well and I like the Paints. So Mission accomplished  as They will make a nice  compliment to go with Tamiya paints.