Aires 1/48 A-4B/C Cockpit Question

I recall having had an Aires 1/48 A-4C/L resin cockpit set some time ago, which I think was devised to go with the Hasegawa kits.

Back then I had both the Monogram (Blue Angels boxing), and HobbyCraft (Falklands boxing) Scooters.

I can tell you that the forward fuselage in the HobbyCraft kits seems to be wider in the area of the cockpit, so the resin needed a lot of fiddling to fit (not that you had to file and sand, but the other way round; I had to measure the inner space left in the cockpit area between both fuselage halves, filling it with plasticine dough to check how much I needed to fill in the voids between each fuselage half and the edges of the resin tub on both the left and right side).

Made three profiled spars out of some Plastruct styrene strips in order to support the tub on each side of the fuselage halves. Before gluing it onto the HobbyCraft kit, I thought of checking whether it fitted the Monogram kit better, and it did fit that kit a lot better.

Hope it's of any use to you.

Cheers,

Onigiri

5 hours ago, Brad-M said:

Any idea what seat would be good for an Argentina A-4?

Brad, Argentina flew the A-4P/Q and C versions of the Skyhawks during the War for the Falklands, which used the Douglas Escapac I A-1 seat. Ten years + later after the war (1995?), they acquired the A-4AR (M), which used the Escapac I G-3 seat.

Which version are you building?

I'd try and graft the Aires cockpit onto your HobbyCraft kit.

Cheers,

Onigiri