With the BPK and Amodel CL-600 - 605 kits available

If anyone feels like doing a little scratch building, the South Korean Coast Guard has a couple attractive schemes for their Challenger. The Czech Republic also flies the Challenger. 

Edited by Kingoalie
11 hours ago, Paul Boyer said:

I would imagine servicing is contracted out.

Ah yes of course. That is like 419 Sqn up here in Canada. They fly the Hawks for training and when we first got them the servicing was all done, on the base, by Bombardier techs. It was strange to see ground crews in regular street clothes on the flight line. Now I believe it is being done by another company subcontracting to the RCAF.

This is great, you could almost take up one sheet with Canadian stuff!!! The 600 srs alone came in the F-18 grey scheme, the newer overall grey (36170???), white 'family' model scheme with and without the racing stripe!!! They carried markings for 414 Sqn, 434 Sqn, 412 Sqn & AETE!! The newer birds have been pretty much the same with the 'family' scheme and the dark blue ones with the small nose art!!!

Yes, I'm in for one of these!!!!

17 hours ago, riffraff said:

The best one IMHO is the dark blue one with the D-Day stripes on the wings

challenger dday.jpg

That scheme is included in the BPK kit... but yes very nice.... I too would love the CF-18 Scheme to the present.

On 2/22/2019 at 12:29 PM, KursadA said:

I have finished the base profiles and will put something together for this kit in the next couple of weeks - stay tuned.

Nice!  I'd love to model the old Luftwaffe Challenger with the blue stripe along the window in either 1/144th or 1/72nd.  The "newer" scheme with the thin blue cheat line along the bottom of the fuselage is included in the Revell 1/144th kit and the BPK 1/72nd kit.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am all in for this in 1/144 scale. I remember finishing a resin desk top model for a customer many years ago. That was a pain as I had to remove the markings it came in by sanding the markings off. Did not realize that there was an overall coat of clean in some sort of super duty epoxy. ANyway finally got it done by piecing together the markingsfrom different sheets. It was in the overall white with stripes. Loved it.

So having a new set of marking for the kit would be great. ALready have two kits so may need to get a few more.