Writing a book and looking for photo contributions

Gentlemen,

I am writing a book covering the Colors and Markings of Marine Corps Aircraft from 1989 to 2024 (planned release is November 10, 2024) and looking for contributions. If you're wondering why so far out, there are a few reasons. 

First, this will provide plenty of time to continue to gather as many photos as possible to be considered for the books. Second, 2024 "rounds out" to 35 years from 1989 and lastly, it will hopefully allow the inclusion of more AH-1Z, F-35B/C and possibly CH-53K aircraft. 

If you have any personal photos you would like to share (please make sure they are your photos) of any Marine Corps aircraft from 1989 onward, please contact me at the following email address :

flyingleathernecks@att.net

While full walk around images would be nice, they are not necessary. However, the focus is on the markings so any photos showing them clearly would be great. Overall shots of the port and starboard sides would also be ideal.

If you're on Facebook, I run a page called Marine Corps Aviation Colors and Markings 1989 to Today where you can also share your images or ask for detailed information on Marine Corps specific schemes and markings.

After a meeting with a friend this past weekend, it has been decided to publish the series in two volumes. Volume I will cover all fixed wing squadrons and aircraft, while Volume II will cover all rotor wing squadrons and aircraft. The first two proposed book covers are attached and once the final page layout is determined, a few sample pages will be shown. 

For any photos you wish to share for possible inclusion in the book, I need the following information :

Your full name and how you would like to be credited should your photo(s) be used
Where the photo was taken and when (month and year)
Any information you might have on the paint scheme (an example would be the aircraft had 'nose art' and you know the story and/or significance behind it).
**Please note the photos MUST be your own!
**Do NOT send copyrighted photos lifted from other sites where the photographer is unknown or from Google.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dave

MCACM-Vol-I.jpg

MCACM-Vol-II-version-I.jpg

I have a couple close buds that flew Harriers...I forwarded the link from this thread.  One flies Vipers out of Luke now and the other is flying for Fed Ex. so they bounce around but I should hear back soon.  Sounds like a great project.  

Edited by Napalmakita
2 hours ago, spang said:

Hi Dave,

I have some pics of AH-1Z and UH-1Y made during Paris Air Show 2011. 

150 pics for the both with full walk around, cockpit view.

Cheers
SPang

Could you please send me an email at flyingleathernecks@att.net 

I'd love to work out a way to get copies of the images from you.

Thank you,

Dave

1 hour ago, Falcon053 said:

The only thing I've got was a couple of years back a -53 was here at the Hill AFB air show, but I'm sure you've covered them to death.

Send whatever you have. I am arranging all of the photos I receive by squadron and year the photos were taken. The idea is to cover as many different schemes as possible and I may not have photos of the aircraft you have.