K-8 KARAKORUM help

Hello guys.I have this kit from trumpeter in 1:72 and I just can`t find any aftermarket decals for it.The ones in the box are simply afwull.I am looking for some venezuelan,nambian,zimbabwean decals out there.I found the el-presidente decals for it but I can`t source them online.It seems they are sold out.Do you know of any manufacturers out there that still make and sell aftermarket decals for a camoed exotic K-8 karakorum?And If any of you have some spares I would be more than willing to buy them off you.

Regards,Dragan

K-8W.jpg

original.jpg

gkittinger-171121-5a148468cd366-1600x835

Air_Force_of_Zimbabwe_K-8_Karakorum.jpg

79869_1382894859.jpg

Zambian_Air_Force_Hongdu_K-8_at_AAD_2000

Wow! Now I want to bust out my K-8! Actually, I sought out the K-8 specifically to do the light blue/dark grey cammo.

I don't know if it will help, but I think I'm going to just make custom decals with a Testor's Ink Jet kit when I get to it (whenever that is). You can download graphics for most airforce roundels, and then just find a font that's close for call-numbers and print them out. Even if it's not perfect, it's what I will do when the time comes. 

A lot of decal companies are missing the boat when it comes to making insignia/number sets for some of these more esoteric subjects and little-seen air forces. Sadly, I don't know of a good commercial source, either. 

10 hours ago, dragan_mig31 said:

Hello guys.I have this kit from trumpeter in 1:72 and I just can`t find any aftermarket decals for it.The ones in the box are simply afwull.I am looking for some venezuelan,nambian,zimbabwean decals out there.I found the el-presidente decals for it but I can`t source them online.It seems they are sold out.Do you know of any manufacturers out there that still make and sell aftermarket decals for a camoed exotic K-8 karakorum?And If any of you have some spares I would be more than willing to buy them off you.

Regards,Dragan

K-8W.jpg

original.jpg

gkittinger-171121-5a148468cd366-1600x835

Air_Force_of_Zimbabwe_K-8_Karakorum.jpg

79869_1382894859.jpg

Zambian_Air_Force_Hongdu_K-8_at_AAD_2000

The El Presidente set is the only 1/72 K-8 aftermarket decal sheet that I am aware of at this point. The decals look good, but they do have some issues. They don't give any FS numbers or paint manufacturer numbers for the paint schemes, just generalized color descriptions, so you'll have to look elsewhere for exact color matches. Also, the sheet only has African and Asian air forces, no Latin American operators. Markings for Zimbabwe and Namibia are there, but no Venezuela or Bolivia.

I would think that the best chance for getting aftermarket K-8 decals would be if Aztec or even Caracal pops out a sheet, and I hope they consider doing so in the future. 

As Johnopfor mentioned, El Presidente is it as far as I've seen, and they're LONG gone! The kit itself is a very nice, and builds up well. I did the Namibian jet from the El Presidente sheet, and will eventually build the Zambian jet. Good luck in your search! Fred K.

IIRC,  El Presidente was a one-man show and a university student who made the K-8 decals as a hobby venture and not a serious business. If I'm not mistaken, he shut down El Presidente because he wanted to further his studies.  Do correct me if I'm wrong.

It's a pity because the decals were of quite good quality and sharply printed.

1 hour ago, JackMan said:

IIRC,  El Presidente was a one-man show and a university student who made the K-8 decals as a hobby venture and not a serious business. If I'm not mistaken, he shut down El Presidente because he wanted to further his studies.  Do correct me if I'm wrong.

It's a pity because the decals were of quite good quality and sharply printed.

Nope, you're correct. That was his final note before he shut down his website.

5 hours ago, dragan_mig31 said:

Thank you guys.It is a shame there are no aftermarket decals available for this model.

Regards,Dragan

I sold off the remnants of my sheet years ago, otherwise I'd be happy to help you out! Fred K.