ICM 1/48 MiG-25PDS 'Foxbat-E'

Hello all,

This is my first kit of 2019 and plugs a gap in my series of MiG jets. It's ICM's 1/48 MiG-25PDS in kit decals and with Cold War Studios resin ventral fins. The paint is a mixture of MRP and Akan finished with Gunze GX113 matt coat. It was a a fun kit, although not without it's problems. It's also huge! Many more photos and words on my website: https://jonbryon.com/icm-1-48-mikoyan-gurevich-mig-25pds-foxbat-e/

Comments welcome and thanks for looking.

Jon

(Apologies to those for whom the images are distorted. No idea how or why that occurs; it looks fine on all the PCs I've used to view this page.)

mig25pds_07.jpg

mig25pds_22.jpg

mig25pds_42.jpg

mig25pds_13.jpg

mig25pds_15.jpg

mig25pds_19.jpg

mig25pds_28.jpg

mig25pds_31.jpg

mig25pds_18.jpg

mig25pds_08.jpg

mig25pds_25.jpg

mig25pds_62.jpg

mig25pds_63.jpg

mig25pds_66.jpg

2 hours ago, Incaroad said:

The only critique I have, the main tires need less air in them, looks like they have 500psi in them.

Thanks Larry. A very fair point. I usually don't flatten tyres as I have enormous problems aligning them, and that would have been much worse with this kit as the wheels flop around on a conical attachment peg. But I wish I did have an easy way of putting a little flat in the right place!

Jon

23 minutes ago, jonbryon said:

I wish I did have an easy way of putting a little flat in the right place!

Jon

Just a thought; how I flatten tires making them bulge at the same time and looking like they are really weighted down is with almost boiling water in a non-stick griddle with shallow sides. I've used parchment paper before on a flat electric griddle as well. This sucker is so big though, you'd have to have a pretty big flat surface for sure. The weight of it would surely lower that pressure (haha) just the right amount, bulging, and looking like it weighed 40,000 lbs.  I'm not sure I'd wanna try it with one that is already complete either, but again, just a thought.

Tis a beauty and I'd love to have it in my display case!

Cheers

Larry