Does Tamiya X-22 gloss go bad?

Just like the title says. I'm wondering if X-22 goes bad. I have about 1/3 of the "large" jar that can't be more than a year old. When I went to use it earlier this week, I noticed that it had a yellow tint to it. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know if it'd dry clear if I tried using it?

Thanks in advance,

-O

I reckon it goes yellow when I dump the thinned excess from my airbrush cup back into the bottle. I thin it with standard lacquer / GP thinners from the hardware store.

I still use it when it's yellow as it still dries glossy and clear. My current bottle is quite yellow but it there is no yellow tint when airbrushed on the paint, even over white. I've been doing this for ages and have never seen any yellowing of the finish, even on models built years ago.

My bottles last 2 months on Avg, and  mine turns blue but I thin it with either Tamiya Lacquer or Mr. Leveling Thinner.  For me It does not affect the final color so unless it turns into a gelatinous mess in your AB I think it's fine. 

I've been thinning it with Mr Color Leveling thinner and pouring it back into the bottle and invariably it turns yellow. Just got two fresh jars and will not pour any thinned paint back in and will see if it remains clear. I never had any turn yellow until I started pouring thinned paint back. As a4s4eva noted, I've used some of the yellowed clear on models and it doesn't look yellowed, but I'd rather not take chances.

Hmm, interesting. I have a few bottles of X-22, both the original size and the small size, which are each a few years old and I have noticed no yellowing.

I also do not put thinned paint back in.

Now, what has yellowed, is the liquid in about an 8 year old bottle of Future acrylic floor finish.

Good to know...

I don't pour anything back into the original jar. As a habit, if I've thinned it, I use it or dump it. Interesting that it still sprays and dries clear. I'll give it a shot (pun intended) on some scrap. Not that I don't trust you all...

Thanks for the responses!

-O

19 hours ago, oortiz10 said:

Good to know...

I don't pour anything back into the original jar. As a habit, if I've thinned it, I use it or dump it. Interesting that it still sprays and dries clear. I'll give it a shot (pun intended) on some scrap. Not that I don't trust you all...

Thanks for the responses!

-O

I have always done that too, but heard that Mr Color paint was resilient enough to take putting thinned back in. You can even get Replenisher that will revive old paint, even dried out paint. It has all the resins and what-not that are not replaced when you just add thinned paint back. I haven't had any problems with adding thinned regular Mr Color paint back into bottles and it sure saves on paint as you don't throw out the thinned stuff. So far, its only the clear that has caused problems.

And as Southwestforests noted, Future does yellow too. I have a couple of old bottles that will attest to that.