I have seen a few posts in other places where several people have come to the conclusion that Mission models has similar chemistry to Createx Airbrush paint. If you have a store near you you could try the Creatiex 4012 reducer.  I have also read anecdotal evidence what it works ok with Mr Color Leveling thinner.  Obviously, try with a  paint hulk first before trying it on your model.

I have only tried mission with their own thinner, so I can not offer any other suggestions.

MMP says right on their site that you can thin or reduce it with distilled water.

Q: CAN I THIN MMP PAINT WITH ALTERNATIVE THINNERS:  NO

A: Yes and No. You can thin MMP with water however it must be distilled. DO NOT use tap water. Tap water contains chemicals , minerals and rust that will affect your finish. 

B:  DO NOT ever thin with Glass Cleaner, wiper fluid, lighter fluid, alcohol, Lacquer thinner etc. You will destroy the paint by contamination, ruin your finish and the high performance properties of the paint.  This includes Windex which includes alcohol and ammonia. You will destroy the paint.  This also includes during color changes.  Please clean your airbrush with water and follow up flush with our thinner. 

18 hours ago, Kurt H. said:

I have seen a few posts in other places where several people have come to the conclusion that Mission models has similar chemistry to Createx Airbrush paint. If you have a store near you you could try the Creatiex 4012 reducer.  I have also read anecdotal evidence what it works ok with Mr Color Leveling thinner.  Obviously, try with a  paint hulk first before trying it on your model.

I have only tried mission with their own thinner, so I can not offer any other suggestions.

Thank you Kurt!

I would think you would use the same for both since the impurities they are concerned about would still be in any residual tap water you might use for cleaning that may remain in the airbrush.

Besides I don't think you would want to have another bottle with regular water taking up space.  I keep an industrial spray bottle of distilled on my bench for cleaning between acrylics for which I can use water.

MMP has some nice videos on YouTube detailing how to use their paints and tips for use.

MMP YouTube