B-50 vs. C-97 Tail

I'm getting ready to convert one of my Minicraft B-29 kits to a B-50 using the wings/engines and tail feathers from an old C-97 kit.   I'm trying to figure out where to cut the tail on the B-29 and C-97 so I can graft the C-97 tail onto the B-29 fuselage but keep the tail gunners position.   Does anyone have the dimensions of the B-50 tail and C-97 tails or know of a source that explains what needs to be done?  I recall one of the Aerospace Modeling Magazines (#5) had a pretty extensive article on the various B-50's and even an article on converting one in 1/144.   I just can't find the magazine anymore.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don

15 hours ago, Charlie D. said:

I thought I saw Minicraft had a B-50 in the works.

I saw that.   They also have had a E-6 in the works as well for years and the KC-135 series took years to finally come to fruition.   I figure if I do the conversion, Minicraft will release the B-50 within the year.   Same with all the RC135's I have in the works.

Umm usa lists that issue on their site, not sure if it is in stock or not though. Sprue has all the issues in stock except #5. I think Carl Knable did the article.

I miss that mag, a lot of the articles remind me of the stuff you'd see in the early days of FSM. I took all my issues and had them hard bound into one volume.

4 minutes ago, Charlie D. said:

Umm usa lists that issue on their site, not sure if it is in stock or not though. Sprue has all the issues in stock except #5. I think Carl Knable did the article.

I miss that mag, a lot of the articles remind me of the stuff you'd see in the early days of FSM. I took all my issues and had them hard bound into one volume.

Frank Cuden did the build in that article.   I do miss Aerospace Modeler Magazine as well.   Billy Crisler sure knew how to put a mag together.   Wish it could have continued.