F-18 intake trunks question

I have an F-18C model (Hasegawa kit) coming and want to put intake trunks on it but want to know if anyone has had some experience putting them in? Will they be easy to install?

I bought a set of trunks made for the Hasegawa kit and am trying to put them in a Testors kit but it's taking a lot of work as the wheel wells are too deep.

Yeah I know, lipstick on a pig right but the intakes and exhaust (which are very easy to make fit) will make the model for me.

Ron

No experience with 1/72 Hornets or the Testors kit. I used a set of Rhino Models intakes on my Hasegawa kit and they were almost, but not quite, drop-in. I was very pleased with the results. Based on past experience, trying to shoehorn parts into a kit they weren't designed for can lead to a lot of pain and suffering. :crying2:

Ben 

On 2/25/2019 at 9:55 PM, Sgt Shultz II said:

I have an F-18C model (Hasegawa kit) coming and want to put intake trunks on it but want to know if anyone has had some experience putting them in? Will they be easy to install?

I bought a set of trunks made for the Hasegawa kit and am trying to put them in a Testors kit but it's taking a lot of work as the wheel wells are too deep.

Yeah I know, lipstick on a pig right but the intakes and exhaust (which are very easy to make fit) will make the model for me.

Ron

No doubt it would be a lot of work. I bet you paid more for the intakes than that dog of a Testors kit. Good Luck!

Actually I bought a Monogram kit first and started trying to modify it but again the wheel wells were too deep so I modified them and found it didn't help much as the intakes on the kit itself needed an extreme amount of modifiying. That's when I snagged the Testors RF-18 kit and the work was about half that of the Monogram kit and a lot more doable.

You would think they should all be similar and dimensioned correctly but the kit makers have their own way of doing things right or wrong.

Ron