F-86F vs F-86H

Hi 
Is there anywhere online or else where a good comparison between the F-86F and the F-86H can be found? 

Not only thinking of capacity in terms of engine power and the like, but the physical differences between the two? 

I find the F-86H interesting and it was operated in some cool SEA schemes, but for odd reasons there seems to be no manufacturer of a kit in 1:48 and few in 1:72? 

Actually, Collect-Aire did a fairly awful resin F-86H in 1/48.

Check this link for some useful information and specs that can be compared:

http://www.airvectors.net/avf86_2.html

Deeper fuselage and intake, longer wings, extended exhaust, raised tailplane, flat slab tailplane, new ejection seat, clamshell canopy a la F-86D. I'm sure there's more.

Thanks. Come to think of it I am aware of the Collect-Aire, but hadn't planned to go in that direction 😋

Would be nice with a brand new injection moulded F-86H in 1/48. Maybe Kitty Hawk will do one now that the FJ-2/3 is soon to be released? 

I'd recommend Air Force Legends 212 - North American F-86H Sabre Hog - there's a nice 72nd scale plan in it.

In 72nd scale Special Hobby has issued 2 boxings, one for USAF and one for ANG versions.

20180910.jpg

The kit is not bad, very thin recessed lines.

The wing trailing edge will appreciate some thinning to be more razor sharp.
Although there are no locating pins, with some care it's possible to assemble it with almost no filler - even the intake ring fits nicely.

20180911.jpg

The cockpit interior -especially the seat- would merit a bit of attention; for that the photos in the Air Force Legends book would help.

20180915.jpg
Included PE can be infuriating - the vortex generators are so tiny that it's very difficult to even hold them with tweezers and to stick them in place.

20180916.jpg

References are needed, the instruction sheet would have you install all PE but the wing fences do not necessary apply to all the schemes included.

Decals are very thin and extremely fragile.

20180912.jpg

I'm currently building the ANG version, I've renounced installing the vortex generators under the tail - too tiny for me-

gris10.jpg

I had planned the MASS ANG deco but the fuselage bands self-destroyed during application, so I finally chose the SEA scheme and repainted over the original aluminium.

f86h_c11.jpg

Edited by Hamster Volant

I had trouble with the red stripes on the fuselage. Most decals from the eastern European manufacturers are thin and kinda rubbery. These mangled and tangled pretty quickly, so I gave up on them. Instead, I used red stripe decals from my massive decal collection. I've since learned to apply a coat of Microscale Liquid Decal Film to make those decals a little stiffer and easier to handle.

21 hours ago, Paul Boyer said:

I had trouble with the red stripes on the fuselage. Most decals from the eastern European manufacturers are thin and kinda rubbery. These mangled and tangled pretty quickly, so I gave up on them. Instead, I used red stripe decals from my massive decal collection. I've since learned to apply a coat of Microscale Liquid Decal Film to make those decals a little stiffer and easier to handle.

How come I didn't think to these simple solutions???

I have a bottle of Liquid Decal Film right in front of my eyes when I'm at my modelling desk...

And couloured stripe decals of course... these should be in all good modeller's box (and I will look for some right away!)