Need some clear resin casting blocks

Hi guys,

Does anyone have spare clear resin casting blocks from a completed project that they'd be willing to part with? I need a couple of chunks for wing lights on my 1/72nd AC-47. I'm in the US. Thanks, Fred.

I have used the cheap plastic toothbrush handles from the dollar store. One set of 10 or 12 contains multi colors (clear, yellow, orange, red, green, purple & blue among others) and there is plenty there for multiple projects.  I have used yellow, orange and red for automobile lights; red & blue for police cars light bars; and red, green & clear for aircraft. FSM had an article waaaaay back when on it.  Have fun! 

4 hours ago, Dutch said:

I have used the cheap plastic toothbrush handles from the dollar store. One set of 10 or 12 contains multi colors (clear, yellow, orange, red, green, purple & blue among others) and there is plenty there for multiple projects.  I have used yellow, orange and red for automobile lights; red & blue for police cars light bars; and red, green & clear for aircraft. FSM had an article waaaaay back when on it.  Have fun! 

Hi Dutch,

The method that you mention is indeed quite effective, and I have used it several times. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find a toothbrush with a clear handle. I have found them with small sections of clear, but not large enough for what I need. I have found a bath scrub brush that will do the trick, but my wife will kill me if I cut it up! The idea for the casting block hit me, so I threw it out while I was thinking about it. Thanks again for the input ;0) Fred.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Els said:

Go check out Wallyworld, they have spatulas with clear acrylic handles for a little over a buck.  I use them for aircraft in flight stands sometimes.

I'll have a peek! Thanks! Fred K.