Have any of you had experience with Civilized Models?

I placed a pre-order almost a year ago on a release that I was really really looking forward to. 

There have been been a few general updates from the owner of the site over the past few months but they are not specific as to when to expect given products (he has a lot of models on the go). 

Ive sent 3 emails over the last 10 months and I have heard nothing back. 

I know this can be difficult work to do but I am a bit concerned. Have any of you gotten product from this site?  How was it?  We’re you happy?

thanks in advance!

I've made two orders. Both off ebay when he was first getting started. Both times took a very very long time to get the kits. Little communication and when he did respond it was always the same lame excuses. I did eventually get both kits but decided the kit quality vs price wasn't really worth it. I've seen some chatter on FB saying similar things. Too bad because manufacturers who produce Air Racers are far and few between.

Hope you get what you ordered,

Sean

Sadly, that's my experience too. I agree, great subjects, but not worth the agita.

I suggest an email stating in no uncertain terms the kits need to be sent or the money refunded.

Oh crap. Thanks for this information guys. I was thinking it was because he was ramping up with so many different kits. Now I’m thinking something else. 

Ill see see what I can do to salvage this. 

When I ordered he only had the 1 kit. Then I ordered the second. So I doubt it has anything to do with ramping up.

Sometimes I wish guys like this would find a reliable distributor. Concentrate on production and leave everything else to someone who can handle it.

Sean

Ok - I sent an email today asking for ETA or return of $.  I note that his site says he ships within 14 days of getting an order....  In my case I did buy a "Pre-Sale" special so I expected it to take a few months. 

Hopefully this is just oversight and will be looked after now.

Guys go to his web site and subscribe to his blog where he updates his progress.

i have always gotten my kits, yes, not lightning speed but I get them.

I know he is a one man show

I got an e-mail from him telling me that indeed he is running behind schedule but still moving ahead.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm late in finding this topic, but I have ordered the Civilized 1/48 Voodoo, the 1/48 BD-5J, and a pre-order for the 1/48 Tsunami that I did in January of last year. Voodoo came pretty quickly, and the BD-5 took a couple of weeks but did arrive. He gives updates on his blog around once a month, and keeps mentioning Tsunami, so I will be patient and see what transpires before I request a refund. Tsunami is one of my favorite racers ever built, and it is highly unlikely that we will ever see anyone else try to produce a kit of it. He is a one made band, and given that Tsunami is a one of a kind airplane, he doesn't have the luxury of using a base plastic kit like the P-51's for example, so it is probably taking awhile to get right. Personally, I am ok with him taking the time to get it right. 

I can post pictures later of Voodoo and the BD-5, but I will say that the Voodoo kit is nicely done, while the BD-5 will need some TLC to clean a lot of flash off. It is the only option if you want the quirky little jet in your collection. 

Edited by skyhawk524

I have exchanged a few emails with him - I think he is up to his eyeballs and trying his best.  And I get it - does one spend the time working on the models to try to get them out OR spend the time trying to communicate and set expectations.  Especially if its a one man show.  I have a keen interest in getting the SuperCorsair as it will save me a ton of time trying to graft one together myself (though I have accumulated the "parts" needed to do the conversion - I have no idea how to do the revised canopy and the extended oil coolers).

Anyhow - I hope it gets here soon and I plan on doing a double build when they do!

I had the bittersweet experience of seeing Super Corsair crash in Phoenix. 

The good news was Steve got out and cought a good canopy, he was hurt but survived. Super Corsair spun in and exploded.

I am going out on a limb and saying Civilised is on the up and up. I will put my money on a Super Corsair from him.

Chip

• 3 months later...

Hello

I'm also in trouble with this company.. Pre ordered 2 kits for around 250USD, it was in November 2018.

As of today, July 2019, i have zero news on my kits. Its always been pushed back and delayed.

I asked for a refund more than 1 month ago, and ... nothing. Not even possible to manage that in a proper manner.

Very bad experience ; be aware.

Xavi