What I plan on building, That aint real GB

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to take a break but the shuttle is done and my wife has some of her friends coming over tonight (There is a high degree of possibility that there will be loud caterwalling on the karaoke)  So I am going to the garage to start another project.  I have a Revell snap together Millenium Falcon that I am going to convert to a YT-1300 transport.

Els

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

I will be building an Academy 1/72 F-8E Crusader in VF-84 Jolly Rogers marking from 1965. Decals will come from the Vagabond Decals "Yankee Air Pirates" sheet. 

Hey cool, Crusader is a good looking jet. Safe to expect the vertical stab will be entirely black with large skull and crossbones?

(even a Brewster Buffalo would look good in that livery!) 😉

I had a creative moment on tuesday on my way home from work, when I thought about the next possible project. I remembered that I still have an Amodel LearJet 60 in 1/72 waiting in my stash. I was sure that I won´t do any of the "Air Ambulance"-versions of the kit, so I came up with the idea of doing an Electronic Warfare bird. Main features will include a lot of antennas, a nice tri-color camo with different greys, and - if there is enough room - some ALQ-pod on a pylon on one wing and an AGM-45 Shrike on the other.

HAJO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This could be a little weird...I am going to attempt to make an alien human hybrid from one of those Authentic Reborn dolls.

Edited by Els

Next project will be another "what if" with a high potential for "real": A German Luftwaffe EF-18G Growler:

Hkb8FYe.jpg

You may have heard, the Luftwaffe needs a replacement for the aging Tornados, and while the F-15 and the F-35 have been already removed from the competition, the F-18 (it´s unclear in which configuration, EF-18G would be good since it would fulfill the Tornado ECR-role - and it already has a "G" in the dsignation 😉 ) and an updated Eurofighter are still in the game. So, I will assume the EF-18 has "won" and will do a german Hornet!

HAJO

PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE. This masterpiece from Ed Wood Jr is generally regarded as the worst science fiction movie ever. Some argue it's the worst movie ever. If you haven't seen this, do check it out on youtube.

The flying saucers shown in the movie were the Lindberg kit from the '50s, painted silver. Polaris has re-released the kit firmly aimed at Plan9.

plan9-start00.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, southwestforests said:

Nice kit idea, but would be better if the Blockade Runner were itself the same 1/350 scale and had a fully detailed bridge interior with posable etched brass figures.

😉

I would love that!