1/350 lit up Klingon battle cruiser.

Looking forward to this. I've never done a lit up model before but would definitely like to tackle one some day. I'll be following along... talk slow so I can take notes :rolleyes:.

Oh thats not good. I lucked out. They had one in the store when I picked up the kit. Almost like they knew I was coming that day. I gave the model its base coat of green and bronze brown. Hope to start something worth taking a photo of this afternoon.

Got lots done. Going by the instructions and finding this a very simple and enjoyable build. But I am painting each part as I go. 

TNfAwWS.jpg

More detail on the toning down when everything is together.

I picked up the factory made light set. Much easier then soldering everything like I had to for my Enterprise. However expect solder again for when I do the Reliant.

TkzKS4h.jpg

Waiting for the rear lights to dry before glueing the main body together. Really apart from the paint I "could" finish this tonight. But I have stuff to do.

kNGEzJC.jpg

Oh, great, I haven´t even started and you already finished yours! We should bind one of your arms on your back when you take part in GBs... 😉

Or, better both arms.... 😄

HAJO

Whoa that looks great! I've always liked the K'Tinga/D-5/D-7 Battle Cruiser designs. Brutish and predatory looking in the typical Klingon way. I  may need to spring for this kit now.

Nice work :thumbsup:!

Thanks, I am looking forward to putting the two major parts together.  Its an impressive model OOB. But the paint coming up is going to be the challenge. The assembly was pretty straight forward.

Thanks, It needed lots of lightening up after the decal to make it look like the movie ship. Once set up with my Federation fleet it looks the part/

eNUpne1.jpg

guYwzS4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 4:42 AM, phantom said:

guYwzS4.jpg

Designer of that ship definitely hit on a good thing, I'm thinking it safe to call the design an enduring classic in the science fiction world.

Ah, you know what, this image would make a good action scene with the scout ship passing close underneath the K'tinga like the models are set in the picture.

Now, what plot action would require that?

• 1 month later...