Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
Kurt H.

707-27 - 707 and 727 mashup

Recommended Posts

Neat idea, too bad the name 777 is already taken.

 

Have you given thought to joining the leftover 707 tail to the 727 fuselage wing, for the ultimate Boeing glider?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, habu2 said:

Neat idea, too bad the name 777 is already taken.

 

Have you given thought to joining the leftover 707 tail to the 727 fuselage wing, for the ultimate Boeing glider?

 

I have.  The back story is  silly. I imagine a backstory where the 707-27 tows the glider .. it is something of a ultra economy class.  One scenario is that it tows the glider all the way to the same destination. The other idea is that say, the two of them depart the east coast, say from IAD and the destination is LAX ... They could cut the glider loose approaching DFW and the glider lands,  making it an intermediate destination for the passengers on the glider.  The idea of not being able to go around with hundreds of people aboard is terrifying. But it is an fun idea of a dystopian future of ultra economy class travelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Kurt H. said:

a dystopian future of ultra economy class travelling

With the stories I've seen about the dystopian present ... 😲😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow over a month has passed since I have updated this thread. I am sorry to be so negligent. 

 

Any way, I will recap what I have done since the last time we talked

 

I installed the cockpit windows, and after lots of sanding and polishing, I ended up with a seamless installation. I will use decals to represent the windows, so it was a good opportunity to have fun polishing

 

2v2EGhpNqx9awpY.jpg

 

I glued the wings in place

 

2v2EGhpjdx9awpY.jpg

 

and as expected, there were gaps to deal with

 

2v2EGhp8yx9awpY.jpg

 

2v2EGhpM5x9awpY.jpg

 

So I decided to use miliput to sculpt the gaps, to avoid sanding in the wing root

 

2v2EGhpzNx9awpY.jpg

 

2v2EGhcorx9awpY.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

and after primer, the results were unsatisfactory:

 

 

2v2EGhc2jx9awpY.jpg

 

 

2v2EGhc3nx9awpY.jpg

 

 

 

 

The bottom I can do with red putty and sanding, but on the top,  I will need to think of something 🤔 

 

Milliput is hard to work with. I have perfect plastic putty, and that seems to work ok for the "wipe off" method. Maybe I will try that next. I am open to suggestions.

 

I will keep pushing, I would like to bring this to a show on 9/21 

 

Edited by Kurt H.
there was some kinda messup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goood...gooooood. keep the evil flowing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I did not finish. The wing root seam is my current battle

 

20190901_034135sm-vi.jpg[/URL]

 

Perfect plastic putty just did not seem to get into the gap. I resorted to using red bondo putty on my finger tip. A day later I used Q tips and paper towels to smooth it.  I am trying to avoid sanding in this area because I have a tendency to make a channel, a trench which looks worse than a gap.

 

here is the other wing.

 

20190901_034101sm-vi.jpg

 

Next time I am in the model shop, I will spot prime it to see how it came out.

 

 

Edited by Kurt H.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...