Even though it's being marketed as the MH-60L, if the modeler doesn't use the MH specific parts,  it becomes a standard UH-60L.

You'll have to change out the mini guns for either M60's or M240's depending on which timeframe UH-60 you re modeling.

Also, regular UH-60L's use the cornered stabilator and not the squared one.

You'll need Wernerswings awesome UH-60 "Workhorse " decals to make it look cool though.  You should get some,  there're awesome!!!

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench
17 minutes ago, midnightprowler said:

Are they going to correct the errors in the 1/48 Huey in the 1/35?

This is Kitty Hawk we're talking about.   I'd be pleasantly surprised if they did anything beyond just scale everything up.  This also assumes the kit ever gets here.  

All that being said, none of the errors in the 48th scale model are deal breakers if you want to put some work in (even the crappy inverted rivets can be fixed if you want to spend a dozen or so hours with Archer's products) and for better or worse, I doubt anyone else will ever see fit to release a large scale Huey so we'll have to live with it.    

12 hours ago, 11bee said:

This is Kitty Hawk we're talking about.   I'd be pleasantly surprised if they did anything beyond just scale everything up.  This also assumes the kit ever gets here.  

All that being said, none of the errors in the 48th scale model are deal breakers if you want to put some work in (even the crappy inverted rivets can be fixed if you want to spend a dozen or so hours with Archer's products) and for better or worse, I doubt anyone else will ever see fit to release a large scale Huey so we'll have to live with it.    

I soooo hope they do, beautiful kit but I'm bogged down with trying to fix the errors. For me the biggest ones are the rotor mast (dampers/scissors) and the sliding doors not sitting back far enough (major surgery). The other issues are pretty minor and easy to fix if I recall. I'm sure the errors in terms of the overhead console missing detail will be corrected but if it is just a pure scale up with no changes it would be pretty disappointing and would hurt sales. I'm sure Floyd and Ray are doing all they can to make the changes necessary for the 1/35 kit. maybe that's why they are waiting to release it, to get it just right which was their original vision.