"How Its Made" did a segment on injection molded models.

Yeah, I watched it the other day.  The one thing I wished they would have covered though was how the kit molds are made, 'caused it skipped from the CAD phase and then injection molding phase. 

On 3/7/2019 at 6:03 PM, afspret said:

Yeah, I watched it the other day.  The one thing I wished they would have covered though was how the kit molds are made, 'caused it skipped from the CAD phase and then injection molding phase. 

They do tend to miss some areas on that show...they will spend a full half of a show to tell you how a peanut is made but when it comes to something more complex like a car you only see a body and engine coming together with 5 minutes left to go in the show. 

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of programs about models. There's a new one with James May, you may know him from Top Gear and Grand Tour, called James May's Big Trouble in Model Britain. It's two episodes about Hornby and Airfix, aired in the UK's BBC.

Edited by Inquisitor
On 3/21/2019 at 2:25 AM, Inquisitor said:

Speaking of programs about models. There's a new one with James May, you may know him from Top Gear and Grand Tour, called James May's Big Trouble in Model Britain. It's two episodes about Hornby and Airfix, aired in the UK's BBC.

I just watched that last weekend.

On 3/9/2019 at 12:55 PM, breadneck said:

I thought i heard Heller went bankrupt. Too bad you don`t have a link for that episode. 

If you've got cable or satellite TV you can watch it here (listed as season 23 episode 17 for some reason):

https://www.sciencechannel.com/tv-shows/how-its-made/

If you've got Direct or Dish you can watch it "on demand" on the science channel (season 23 episode 4).

It was interesting and worth watching but I've found better videos just browsing YouTube (sorry, no links).

They really should have recruiter a better modeler to show off the finished, painted models...

On 3/20/2019 at 4:25 PM, Inquisitor said:

Bookmarked to watch later. Thanks!

Part 1: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x74fepv

Part 2: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x74frf8

:cheers: