Here's a short tip on borrowing raised detail ...

That's is really cool Paul. I know there are other types of mold and casting materials one can use, but having access to those dental supplies must be nice.

Speaking of the Airfix Spit Mk XIV, has it been released? You said the kit is an FR. XIV with the bubble canopy. Looks like it has the standard E wing. The early CAD showed a clipped wing version. That's what I was hoping for, clipped wings.

Looks like it won't be released until April ... the box in the video is fictitious.  As far as I can tell, you will be able to build either standard or clipped.  From these images ... it doesn't look very impressive.

https://www.airfix.com/media/catalog/product/cache/8/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/0/a05135_supermarine-spitfire-xiv_product_1_web.jpg

https://www.airfix.com/media/catalog/product/cache/8/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/0/a05135_supermarine-spitfire-xiv_product_1_web.jpg

Paul

I believe you are right about the wings. After I posted the reply above, I did some hunting around and over on Britmodeler they state that there will be clear clipped wing tips to use after cutting the wing tips back. As far as how the actual model looks, it looks OK to me. On par with the rest of Airfix's recent releases. I like Griffon engined Spits and am collecting what kits I can in 1/48. I just think they look cool. Want to do a Belgian Mk. XIV.