1/48 F-20A 187th FW Alabama ANG

So, here is my entry for this group build. I have ordered decals and should be here in a week or so. So, what if the F-20 actually went into service? With the F-16's going to active units only, the Air National Guard picked up the F-20 to fulfill the role of protecting airspace in The US. 

As most of you know, our house was hit by a tornado back in January. We ended up losing our house. But we managed to get all of our belongings out and into storage. We have found a new house and should be signing the paperwork for it by Wednesday. And, if all goes well, we will be moving in by next week. But, for the time being, I am staying at my dad's house. I finally managed to get my modelling stuff over here including my table and air compressor. So, what better way to get my motivation back than to start building models again! And that is the goal here. To try and finish this one by entering in this group build. Sorry, starting to ramble on, here. At the moment, I only have my phone to take pictures. The quality won't be the best, but I hope I can still share with you. I'll start on the model shortly. Thanks for reading and I hope to have an update soon. 

Thanks a lot, guys! It feels good to work on a model again. I'm using the freedom model kit with Speedhunter decals. I'm hoping they will fit close enough. If not, then I may have to come up with something else for the markings. I got the cockpit mostly together. I used the kit decals for the instrument panel and the side consols. They snuggled down pretty well once I put on enough setting solution. One thing I did was to test fit the front fusalage pieces together and mate them to the rear fusalage. The fit wasn't spectacular. So, I glued each front piece to the rear fusalage to make one whole fusalage half. There are still some gaps, but it is a lot better.  So far, the kit goes together pretty well. I'm not a fan of the multi piece fusalage, but with some patience and a lot of test fitting, it shouldn't be a problem. I'll snap a few pics today and try to get them uploaded tonight after I get off work. Thanks for tagging along! It means a lot to me!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I managed to get a little bit done on this build. I have the fusalage mostly put together. The cockpit is done. I had a lot of fit issues with the spine area trying to get rid of the ugly seam I was left with. I'm also having some fit issues with the lower fusalage piece. But, I'm managing to whip it into shape. Not without a fight, though.

lcuS6hx.jpg

8QDUlhe.jpg

RrquvZJ.jpg

YIKES!!! Not going to be fun to deal with that!

1uyZf6j.jpg

So, that is where I am at the moment. I know the pics aren't the best, but hopefully they will show up ok. I'll he working on the wings next and  joining up the lower fusalage to the upper. Thanks for watching!

Ryan.

So, I just found out that the camera on my phone just quit working. Until I can afford to buy an actual camera, all updates on this build are on hold. I will continue on with it, though. Hopefully, I'll have enough money to buy a decent camera next week. 

It sucks, though. I found a couple of good cameras. Not DSLR quality, but should hopefully take better pictures. Just have to pony up the funds now. I'm still slogging away with this build as I really want to get it done. Not just for this group build. But because I haven't finished a model in almost three years. And this group build is just what I need to get it done. I really appreciate all of the compliments! I hope to be back at it in a week or so!