Revell 1/48 HH-53C Super Jolly Green Giant

OK ARC,

I'm putting a fork in my Jolly Green. This was built mostly OOB with only a couple of small additions. It's painted with MM enamels then weathered with Flory washes and pastels. It's not perfect, but it's a solid 3-footer. It's a beast, and I think it looks cool on my shelf.

a50vTTd.jpg

HktXhG3.jpg

hjihlpa.jpg

JfFJy3j.jpg

MMNUkEW.jpg

FA4VRAL.jpg

JIsMJyJ.jpg

pJYT1k6.jpg

v0gOJT7.jpg

MKxdJvn.jpg

Sc6UmBl.jpg

VrUxmGy.jpg

Here are a few detail shots:

I wrapped a thicker piece of wire in fine wire and put a tie down from my spares box on the end to simulate the hoist assembly. 

1Vay2Hr.jpg

I found a refueling probe in my spares box and added it to the end of the refueling probe for a little detail.

9VyJvuC.jpg

I made heated and smashed some clear sprue to make some lights for both sponsons and the belly (not shown).

uQja1HZ.jpg

f2Eo6qW.jpg

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and taking a look-see. Feel free to share your comments, questions, and criticisms.

Cheers!

-O

Three-footer??????????  Man, you are hard on yourself.  You did a great job.  Would love to see that in my display case.  Well done.  

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/9/2019 at 11:45 PM, dnl42 said:

Nice work on that.

When you write "solid 3 -footer", you much be talking about some smaller distance measurement...

Yea!

He meant three scale feet. That is one lovely model of the 53. Especially if one knows about the old-school quality of the kit: Not bad on details but definitely not a "shake and bake" assembly.

The Super Jolly Green Giant saved many a pilot, your model is a fitting memory.

• 1 year later...