LUCKYMODEL NEW SHIPPING SYSTEM

Dear all ARCers,

Since 2013, the postal rate from Hong Kong undergo extensive changes from time to time. Either the small packet shipment or oversize package change so rapidly and box size also changing from country to country. 

Many of you notice/feed back to us the shipping charges goes up sharply even if multiple kits purchase. This is due to Parcel size initial rate increase.

After working out in details for years and study the matrix of cost parameter, we have now deployed the new shipping system to let the system to "optimize" the shipping packing method as well as shipping routing among our services provider.

The modification includes the necessary preparation for future personalized shipping rate (something like Amazon Prime) applicable to different brand and destination. This will give you the best rate to ship your item.

In addition, for Europe customer, our new shipping route will have non-official tax avoid under EU 200/packet. 

In a typical case, 3-4 model kits, the cost saving with previous shipping method will around 40%.

After that we will move on the off-shore warehouse in North America and Malaysia to provide lower shipping rate domestically.

Regards

Raymond Chung

one of the main reasons I stopped buying from Lucky Model was the terrible shipping. not the prices but the way stuff was sent. specifically my stuff was constantly getting routed through Europe. in that case I ended up paying for express 7-11 days shipping and got 3-6 weeks instead. the last one got lost and never actually showed up.

I live on the west coast of Canada and there are 4 flights direct from Hong Kong to YVR DAILY!!! sending them through Europe gets a package to Toronto which is about Half way.

50 minutes ago, Niels said:

Never had a problem with shipments from LM, they take the usual 2-4 weeks give or take. Prizewise savings on shipping is always welcome. 

Same here. 2-4 weeks from Hong Kong to Milwaukee, WI. Port of entry varies. Sometimes through LA, sometimes through Chicago, and sometimes through New York. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. If it comes through New York it can take up to a week to get through customs. Needless to say, coming through Chicago is the fastest for me. Chicago is only 90 miles from Milwaukee.

4 hours ago, dylan said:

one of the main reasons I stopped buying from Lucky Model was the terrible shipping. not the prices but the way stuff was sent. specifically my stuff was constantly getting routed through Europe. in that case I ended up paying for express 7-11 days shipping and got 3-6 weeks instead. the last one got lost and never actually showed up.

I live on the west coast of Canada and there are 4 flights direct from Hong Kong to YVR DAILY!!! sending them through Europe gets a package to Toronto which is about Half way.

The route to North America is go directly not via UK anymore

we have tried different shipping routing to offer the best price and timing. But the performance on delivery vary from country by country with different services. Therefore in the past we have to move all route to particular services provider. 

With the new system upgrade, now the system will choose the performance marked routing to the destination. Just like a traffic controller to pick the best price/timing vs package size and destination. 

Edited by Raymond Chung

Well, postal routing does not bother me (it is logistics after all, not logic) as well as delivery time. However shipping cost is often a deal breaker. Shipping of a large kit approaches $60 and  there is no way I'm paying this. 

3 hours ago, Solo said:

One question: why the "free shipping" means practically over $2 shipping while I place my order and try to pay for it? So strange.

Yes the 2.11 registered tracking services now become compulsory as we have too much mail loss claim for unregistered mail shipment. 

Hi Raymond

This is great that you are improving shipping. 

Are these new prices online right now? If so is it possible that prices when up for Canada?

Regards

My only concern since my purchases are usually small . It would be good if your website would state what is actually the meaning of free shipping .

It has changed over the years without really explaining the requirements to qualify.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Solo said:

As I can see, the shipping charges to Poland has been increased by 100%?
2 times more? Thank you Lucky Model...

I double check, Poland postal rate is undergo update from our european postal agent. The price currently is from HK Post. Once the rate is updated, it should be coming down by 60%

Edited by Raymond Chung

now if I could only actually get them to ship the damn order. I ordered some stuff on the 11th that was all listed as "in stock" and guess what some of it had to come from somewhere else. 5 days there. as of now it "shipped"  o the 15th but the post office still hasn't received it.

there are a couple of items in there that I need before I close up my f-102's. usually when I get stuff from Hobbyeasy it is out the door within 3 days and to my door 5-7 after that.

listing something as "in stock" usually means just that, not that it is in stock at the distributor or in a warehouse in another country. I have been boycotting luckymodel for the last 2 years because of this type of chicanery. I thought I would give them another shot, but it is the same old story.

4 minutes ago, dylan said:

now if I could only actually get them to ship the damn order. I ordered some stuff on the 11th that was all listed as "in stock" and guess what some of it had to come from somewhere else. 5 days there. as of now it "shipped"  o the 15th but the post office still hasn't received it.

there are a couple of items in there that I need before I close up my f-102's. usually when I get stuff from Hobbyeasy it is out the door within 3 days and to my door 5-7 after that.

listing something as "in stock" usually means just that, not that it is in stock at the distributor or in a warehouse in another country. I have been boycotting luckymodel for the last 2 years because of this type of chicanery. I thought I would give them another shot, but it is the same old story.

Dear Dylan,

We do have the in stock in the warehouse, but we have a little change now. If the item is located in our China warehouse, the item will take 2 more days to transit to our hub in HK to posting. That is the reason from 11th to 15. 

If the item is in HK warehouse, we normally will post out in 2nd day.

Can you PM me your order# so I can trace the route ?