LUCKYMODEL NEW SHIPPING SYSTEM

8 minutes ago, dylan said:

no thanks I am sick of your lying. when my stuff FINALLY arrives I will close my account. I have been burned by Luckymodel too many time

Dear Dylan,

I double check the transport, your order arrive us on 12 March HKT and the re-routing (F-16XL2) get blocked by the chinese->hk custom for 2 days and then we get the item on monday 18 march in HK to add back other AM item. The package was hand over to post on 20 march.

I am sorry for the delay as the transit from china sometimes get blocked for inspection. This is the trade-off of using multi-location warehouse to cope with larger storage. You will get the item within 5 days to you.

I understand your frustation as the previous cross Europe postal delay.

2 minutes ago, Raymond Chung said:

I am sorry for the delay as the transit from china sometimes get blocked for inspection. This is the trade-off of using multi-location warehouse to cope with larger storage. You will get the item within 5 days to you.

again "IN STOCK" doesn't mean in a warehouse in another country. it typically means that it is in hand at the shop. again I have better options to chose from and I am going  back to exercising those options.

Just now, dylan said:

again "IN STOCK" doesn't mean in a warehouse in another country. it typically means that it is in hand at the shop. again I have better options to chose from and I am going  back to exercising those options.

As for the F-16XL2, the first batch hits the warehouse on 15 March, therefore, the order placed is in pre-order stage during your order. Thus, the order re-route to HK on 15 (friday) afternoon, but it get blocked and arrive till monday (18).

So, base on this fact, from the "in stock" to the post office take 4 days (exclude weekend), and I check your past history, most of the order is shipped on next day, but we made bad on the last on the transit Europe 

For Kinetic item, there is no chance / need to lie to you, as we are the maker. 

In stock - for us - mean in stock in LuckyModel warehouse - either in China, HK, Malaysia and Canada (soon). 

But now, we only handle consolidate combined shipping between China and HK. We are still figure out the most effective way to post from Canada or Malaysia. 

I think we can indicate one more information to tell where the goods are and the time we can put to the post office hand. 

Like in your case, the F-16XL2 just released, for those customer who order only with the F-16XL2 (or other China made kit), it will automatically processed in China and re-route to the HK. when it arrive HK, it just take one step to re-route to Post office. 

However, if some items are located in HK (China/HK) combination, the order still need one round for consolidate packing into one box. 

I am sorry that we have to do it as the warehouse space is super expensive, for model kit business, the prime cost is rental. Therefore, in order to cope with the ever demand in the storage space requirement. We have to consider the multi-site operation.

Oops, i just find an order on 11/12 March to Canada with "Dylan", so I assume it was your order. 

Sorry my mistake - it is XL, not XL2. - but the same case, the whole shipment blocked on Saturday and we get it till monday (18 march)

If you can let me know the order via PM, it could help to see the detail. 

As I said, we are running multi-warehouse system, so it would take 1-2 more days than one single warehouse. 

Anyway, thank for your possible last order and look forward to serve you soon.

Edited by Raymond Chung

Raymond, one more question.
Have you got any awaiting limits for product  status "2-3 weeks restock backorder"?I ordered sheet of decals in the middle of October last year and still waiting for delivery. I know you are not a manufacturer, but don't you have any way to make pressure for them?

6 hours ago, dylan said:

no thanks I am sick of your lying. when my stuff FINALLY arrives I will close my account. I have been burned by Luckymodel too many time

Whoa, hold on Dylan. This doesn't need to be here and many of us have had excellent experiences with Raymond and Lucky Model. Any of these problems could happen from any overseas vendor it's the nature of the beast.

4 hours ago, Solo said:

Raymond, one more question.
Have you got any awaiting limits for product  status "2-3 weeks restock backorder"?I ordered sheet of decals in the middle of October last year and still waiting for delivery. I know you are not a manufacturer, but don't you have any way to make pressure for them?

PM me the order and I check if the issue

7 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

As for the F-16XL2, the first batch hits the warehouse on 15 March, therefore, the order placed is in pre-order stage during your order. Thus, the order re-route to HK on 15 (friday) afternoon, but it get blocked and arrive till monday (18).

So, base on this fact, from the "in stock" to the post office take 4 days (exclude weekend), and I check your past history, most of the order is shipped on next day, but we made bad on the last on the transit Europe 

In stock - for us - mean in stock in LuckyModel warehouse - either in China, HK, Malaysia and Canada (soon).

when I checked the status on friday it said that everything was "packed" 

on saturday it said "shipped" but the tracking number was not valid (shipping label created but post office closed)

as of TUESDAY the tracking number is in the postal system however as of 6pm Wednesday the item still is labeled "waiting for item" Canada post tells me that the item has a shipping label but has not been scanned through the post office.

7 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

but the same case, the whole shipment blocked on Saturday and we get it till monday (18 march)

As I said, we are running multi-warehouse system, so it would take 1-2 more days than one single warehouse.

so the kit wasn't received until MONDAY?  then the status of "packed"  and "shipped" on Saturday was untrue? Monday was a full 7 days since I placed the order for for items that were showing "IN STOCK"

I could care less about a few days wait, but I have issues about being lied to.

I had planned to have the F-102 engines in hand this week for my days off. typically if something ships Wednesday or Thursday from HK then it will get to my door by the following Tuesday or Wednesday. but as of now it is not even at the post office.

2 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Whoa, hold on Dylan. This doesn't need to be here and many of us have had excellent experiences with Raymond and Lucky Model. Any of these problems could happen from any overseas vendor it's the nature of the beast.

I agree that it is the nature of the beast, shipping happens.

it seems to happen all to often with LM. I have made over 100 orders with hobbyeasy  and only once did I have an issue like this. My experiences with Luckymodel are different.

I dont care about the wait so much as the fact that they are not being truthful about what I can expect. I wanted a couple of wolfpack engines that they had so I decided to throw a f-16xl kit in to the order while I was at it. if I had known that it was not in fact in stock, I would have gotten something else instead.

Edited by dylan
4 minutes ago, dylan said:

when I checked the status on friday it said that everything was "packed" 

on saturday it said "shipped" but the tracking number was not valid (shipping label created but post office closed)

as of TUESDAY the tracking number is in the postal system however as of 6pm Wednesday the item still is labeled "waiting for item" Canada post tells me that the item has a shipping label but has not been scanned through the post office.

so the kit wasn't received until MONDAY?  then the status of "packed"  and "shipped" on Saturday was untrue? Monday was a full 7 days since I placed the order for for items that were showing "IN STOCK"

I could care less about a few days wait, but I have issues about being lied to.

I had planned to have the F-102 engines in hand this week for my days off. typically if something ships Wednesday or Thursday from HK then it will get to my door by the following Tuesday or Wednesday. but as of now it is not even at the post office.

Let me explain:

Packed - means we packed into the box and waiting to leave the warehouse (China)

Shipped - means we weight the box and sending electronics submission to Post Office for postal slip (leave the warehouse but not arrived in HK)

Tracking assigned - the shipping label from Post office attached

So your order log is:

- 12 March  We receive your order on 12 March HKT (we have 15/6 hours time zone different)

- 13 March order is gathered for F-16XL with internal transfer and loading to move to HK (as the status will tell - INTERNAL TRANSFER FROM CHINA TO HK) 

- 14 March order - the F-16XL kits transfer get blocked by China custom and wait until it arrive on 18 March (morning) and we consolidated and packed it - you see it Shipped (weighted but no tracking) in Canada time on Sunday, but in fact it is on monday of HKT. 

- 15 - waiting custom release

- 16 - waiting custom release

- 17 - Sunday

- 18 - get the transfer and packing with the resin stuff located in HK and weighted it. but the afternoon, we have the tracking # received and affix the label

- 19 - Move to Post office

- 20 - as of 20 march 4:09pm, the tracking show at hkpost.hk - I double check the canada still the package waiting to be received - this is not accurate - the box has been handover to Post Office. https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/mail_tracking/index.html - check from this link.

Well, this is truely a hicup in 7 days from ordering to shipping. Owning to 2 working days get blocked by the custom and crossing over a weekend (total 4 days from the view of customer). And sure many customers like you many not understand how the new multi-site operation work now. So if you expect the order get out of the warehouse in same/next day become not feasible. And certainly as a customer, you doubt the system. 

In normal case, if anyone put the order on 12 March, even with combined shipping between 2 warehouse, it will go to post office by 15 March (3 days in total from order->shipment). If the item all are in HK, it leave in next day. 

I will see if we can indicate the stock information on site and telling it is stored in China and remark additional 3 days transfer is required. For order which you want to get it in 7 days, you will be well informed before ordering. 

At last, the reason I put the effort to explain - we do not lie you. 

I just recieved this lovely Email from Lm responding to an email I sent on sunday asking about a tracking number.

"Your order is shipped on March 15. The tracking number is.

Regards,
Silvia"

so which one is true? your post above states that it was sent to the post office YESTERDAY

"Packed - means we packed into the box and waiting to leave the warehouse (China)"

so what does this mean exactly? the shipping status on my order as "packed" means that the model kit was packed into a box from the distributor, not that my order had been packed? 

"Shipped - means we weight the box and sending electronics submission to Post Office for postal slip (leave the warehouse but not arrived in HK)

Tracking assigned - the shipping label from Post office attached"

and shipped means that the shipping label is done, but the contents of the box aren't on site ( or actually in stock as the website showed) and it is sitting in the warehouse for a couple more days.

so let me recap

"IN STOCK" doesn't mean in stock it means we can get it in a few days.

"PACKED" means we own the item , but it is not in our hands.

"SHIPPED"  means we have everything in the same building, but we will not actually get it out the door for a couple of days

basically the whole LM system is set up to lie to your customers.

Edited by dylan
16 minutes ago, dylan said:

I just recieved this lovely Email from Lm responding to an email I sent on sunday asking about a tracking number.

"Your order is shipped on March 15. The tracking number is.

Regards,
Silvia"

so which one is true?

"Packed - means we packed into the box and waiting to leave the warehouse (China)"

so what does this mean exactly? the shipping status on my order as "packed" means that the model kit was packed into a box from the distributor, not that my order had been packed? 

"Shipped - means we weight the box and sending electronics submission to Post Office for postal slip (leave the warehouse but not arrived in HK)

Tracking assigned - the shipping label from Post office attached"

and shipped means that the shipping label is done, but the contents of the box aren't on site ( or actually in stock as the website showed) and it is sitting in the warehouse for a couple more days.

so let me recap

"IN STOCK" doesn't mean in stock it means we can get it in a few days.

"PACKED" means we own the item , but it is not in our hands.

"SHIPPED"  means we have everything in the same building, but we will not actually get it out the door for a couple of days

basically the whole LM system is set up to lie to your customers.

Again, the box is packed in LuckyModel warehouse in China - not distributor - as for your ordered item F-16XL, we are the maker as well, so we have no reason to lie you.

In stock - means the item in our warehouse either in China or HK.

Packed - means the item pack into the carton box and ready to proceed to next route (it can be a unregistered option without waiting the tracking# from post office)

Shipped - means the label attached and on the way to Post office. - we move the bulk to post office daily but in some case, we can only move to post office every 2 days. Thus, it has a chance the box "shipped" is queuing for trucking to post office counter or mail center. 

I have asked Silvia - she admitted she just see the status and give you reply without going detail into the trace log. Normally, the shipped status is max 2 days between completed and to the post office. 

If you think we lie, I am sorry we may not able to meet your expectation. But I want to reinstate the whole matter was generated from china custom blocking for 2 working days and sorry you cannot use the part you paid for within 7 days across Pacific ocean. I am sure many others shops can do better than us. 

Edited by Raymond Chung

we can go around in circles for days. and you can constantly change your story. the fact of the matter is that I was not told the truth on several occasions.

this is plain for me and anyone else to see.

Just now, dylan said:

we can go around in circles for days. and you can constantly change your story. the fact of the matter is that I was not told the truth on several occasions.

Sorry I have traced down your order history. From 2016 to 2017, around 16 orders, 15 orders are shipped on the second day. The last order in 2017 Jan, we post via Jesery Post with tracking#, but it does not arrive on time and we perform the fully refund to you. Once the packet out to the post office, we cannot control 100%. 

Anyway, you sure will get the stuff you need but with a week more than planned. 

20 hours ago, dylan said:

Speak for yourself. You're being obstinate. There are internal border controls between Hong Kong and the rest of China. Raymond is trying to explain to you that their operation has to deal with this border control. You don't have to like it, but quit crying about it over and over. Everyone submits electronic info to the post office and "ships" items before the post office actually receives anything. It's not very transparent, but it is not localized to Lucky Model. I have the same problem with sellers in the US. I'm amazed that Raymond is even trying to communicate with you at this point when you're clearly only interested in the act of complaining rather than receiving and accepting an explanation. I buy from LM because they have the best prices, but I do so knowing that it takes time. My last big order took 3 months. My current order is at two and they haven't even got the missing item marked as incoming yet. It sucks, but if I need it fast, I buy it elsewhere for more money.

Edited by Specter1075
15 hours ago, dylan said:

Only thing I see is childish and impolite behaviour from your part. Nothing else!

All this me me me instant gratification I Want It Now griping tells me someone doesn’t know or understand how companies handle inventories and shipping. 

For comparison only (I am in no way complaining) Caracal does the same thing. They put an order together and notify the shipper it is ready for pickup. That’s when their system shows “shipped”.   That’s how it works. No one is lying. 

If someone has a deadline or schedule to complete a build they need to account for the process. Don’t blame a supplier for your lack of planning. 

You nailed it Habu. Instant Gratification is what the internet is all about and unfortunately many live by that creedo. It carries over to everyday life, those who grew up with the technology now expect everything in life the same way....Remember the days of calling an 1-800 number to place an order or having your hobby shop place it and having to wait until they "need" to make an order.

But....I do love the the instant gratification myself......

Raymond, if I understand your message, you will soon be opening a warehouse in Canada?  That is good news.  Will shipping charges for Canada be adjusted when it opens?

thanks,

Tom

Just now, Tom G said:

Raymond, if I understand your message, you will soon be opening a warehouse in Canada?  That is good news.  Will shipping charges for Canada be adjusted when it opens?

thanks,

Tom

Dear Tom,

Actually, the Canada warehouse is already operational for a year, but it only take care the Kinetic distribution. And also, we check out that unless the order is multiple kits like 5-10 pcs, otherwise, the shipping cost from HK to Canada vs Canada to Canada is similar. The only difference is the delivery date may be 1-2 days faster.

But at the same time, the HK POST on larger box item has jump up quickly by 2019 even the surface mail. Therefore, we are thinking to offer our in-house surface mail (that means, the order will be loaded to our Kinetic North American distribution goods combined with the retail parcel order packed in HK to Canada. And then unload it and tranship using the local trucking or postal services for larger order. So we will charge the local shipping "as if" the item from local Canada vendor. However, this method will take around 1-1.5 months for us to consolidate the container to the destination. 

Not to add fuel to the fire but I see Dylan's point, if the item is posted as "in stock" it shouldn't mean that it's in a warehouse hundreds of miles away and has to be shipped (taking days) to the sending site. Packed shouldn't mean that an item was packed from one warehouse in ordered to be shipped to the sending site, is should mean that the customers order is being packed or has been packed at the sending site. Shipped shouldn't mean that a shipping address label was created but the package is still sitting in the warehouse awaiting additional items, it should mean that the shipping label has been created and the item is waiting to be picked up.

I also find it disturbing that a company would publicly post a customer's purchase history just because the customer voiced displeasure with the companies service. I understand the company has a right to defend itself and try to rectify the issue but to post a customers past purchase history is just wrong in my opinion. I believe instead of listing items purchase(d) the company should have just said "an item" caused the delay, not the specific item.

This all boils down to communication, if you (as a company) say that an item is in stock is should mean in stock at the shipping site, if it's in a different location, just say that. If you say the items are packed, mean it, the customer's order is packed and ready for shipping. If you say it's shipped, mean it, that its ready to go out the door or has already left the door, not that you printed a label and it's sitting on someone's desk.

For those who say this is just a case of "instant gratification" I disagree, this isn't the 80's/90's and we don't measure things by the standards of 20-30 years ago. We measure service by comparing it to other like service from like companies, if other companies can ship an order within 2-3 days why should we not expect the same from this company if they don't disclaim that there may be shipping delays for certain items. I get my modeling items from several different sources and none of the major vendors take more than two days to ship an order, the only one's that take more than a few days are the small "one man" operations and they usually get my order out the door within 3 to 5 days. I've ordered stuff from all over the world and have never waited more than three weeks for my order to arrive.

Now, if you like the service that you get from this company, great, but someone should be able to post their dissatisfaction and not be called "obstinate", "childish" and other names just because you don't agree with their point of view. No company satisfies every customer and people should be free to voice their dissatisfaction without an internet lynch mob jumping on them and calling them names. If you don't agree with the persons point of view, just relate your experience/satisfaction with the company, not call them names.

I also believe that this whole situation should have been handled differently, the company should have reached out to the customer through PM and taken it off line. And in full disclosure, I've never ordered from the company in question and probably will not since I source my supplies from other vendors so I have "no dog in this fight".

Edit: In the above post I stated that I have never ordered from this company, upon further review I discovered that I have ordered from this company once, 6.5 years ago. I apologize to LM for the erroneous information I provided above.

Edited by GW8345
On 3/20/2019 at 11:27 AM, dylan said:

Well GW8345, you managed to take three replies entirely out of context. Speaking for myself, I didn't call him obstinate because he had a complaint, I called him obstinate because he continued to complain to the point of calling Raymond a liar even after being given an explanation. He is allowed to complain, and to ask for clarification, but the explanation is the explanation whether he likes it or not. To escalate things over and over is being obstinate.

Additionally, his history wasnt posted. He kept demanding answers for an order without giving Raymond any information to work with. Raymond was forced to search to figure out where the problem was. This hardly seems unfair, especially when the offended person refuses to work via PM.

PS: no idea why it wants to quote Dylan above...

Edited by Specter1075

Ok I am working to refine the status indicator to tell the item require 2 more working days to transit in case it is from china warehouse. 

But the transit time from ‘shipped’ to physical in post office warehouse may have 2 days in between. 

For example if we packed weight and printed the label last night in HK (Friday) the package will stay till Monday (sometimes Tuesday) to truck to the post office. In this case the customer may see the item is shipped on their local time Friday in the morning but not appear in the post office until next Tuesday local time. 

In fact it is night in Asia and Saturday and Sunday is not working day. 

I will put special notice to those Friday shipped package with remarks that the actual time to post office would cross the weekend and it may appear in the postal on coming week earlier.

hopefully no more misunderstandings