LUCKYMODEL NEW SHIPPING SYSTEM

8 hours ago, GW8345 said:

For those who say this is just a case of "instant gratification" I disagree, this isn't the 80's/90's and we don't measure things by the standards of 20-30 years ago. We measure service by comparing it to other like service from like companies, if other companies can ship an order within 2-3 days why should we not expect the same from this company if they don't disclaim that there may be shipping delays for certain items. I get my modeling items from several different sources and none of the major vendors take more than two days to ship an order, the only one's that take more than a few days are the small "one man" operations and they usually get my order out the door within 3 to 5 days. I've ordered stuff from all over the world and have never waited more than three weeks for my order to arrive.

I see your your point in that paragraph. I won't agree with all of it but I sure would like to know who your vendors are because I have had to wait in excess of 6 weeks on a couple of occasions for my orders.

This grievance should have gone private. Not everyone has the same experience with each vendor and I always go to the source privately to resolve the issue before it grows into something like this.

I have "no dog in the fight" also.

10 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

Ok I am working to refine the status indicator to tell the item require 2 more working days to transit in case it is from china warehouse.

I think this is a very good idea. Transparency in communications will help to alleviate misunderstandings. If any of the items being ordered are at an external warehouse that will require additional time to get to the shipping location (HK) then this needs to be communicated to the buyer up front, ideally before they place the order.

I have used Luckymodel frequently and have been a happy customer, but the confusion caused by these changes in the shipping process would probably upset me too. I think Dylan has made some valid observations about the definitions of the various shipping status' used. I believe they do not match the expectations of a great many of your customers. You should consider using different terms to describe the shipping status' or adding some more status' that would clarify exactly where in the process is an order. This may require changes to the ordering system software and I don't know how easy that may or may not be. But, in the end the effort would be worth it. BTW, I think most of us understand the delay caused by weekends or time differences. The later especially if one has ordered from overseas often.

So, that's my two cents worth.

12 minutes ago, Mstor said:

I think this is a very good idea. Transparency in communications will help to alleviate misunderstandings. If any of the items being ordered are at an external warehouse that will require additional time to get to the shipping location (HK) then this needs to be communicated to the buyer up front, ideally before they place the order.

I have used Luckymodel frequently and have been a happy customer, but the confusion caused by these changes in the shipping process would probably upset me too. I think Dylan has made some valid observations about the definitions of the various shipping status' used. I believe they do not match the expectations of a great many of your customers. You should consider using different terms to describe the shipping status' or adding some more status' that would clarify exactly where in the process is an order. This may require changes to the ordering system software and I don't know how easy that may or may not be. But, in the end the effort would be worth it. BTW, I think most of us understand the delay caused by weekends or time differences. The later especially if one has ordered from overseas often.

So, that's my two cents worth.

Yes, the development of our back office changes have to cope with yearly changing shipping rate, rule as well as supply structure may not well reflected on time at the site.

The goal of us splitting the warehouse is to provide more product selection while controlling the warehouse cost. Therefore, we relocate all China made brand into our China warehouse (e.g. Kinetic, Trumpeter, MENG, RYE FIELD.... etc) and we relocate the warehouse space in HK for imported brand (Italeri, Airfix, Revell, Hasegawa). Before the China warehouse, our HK facilities has been overloaded with both region of supply. Thus, even the item is in stock in HK, it takes us 3 days to finally process the order (no space to turnaround). Just for your compare, we have 10 times more expensive than any mail order in the world - even Japan. 

With complete the back end logistics rework, the China warehouse now can process more China made item without congesting the warehouse in HK. Thus, as you may notice, we bring back more imported item again to serve the customer. 

Also, with electronics label submission, we have to weight the box before getting the tracking, that is different from the past where we put the tracking tag before shipping out. 

I will put up more note on the stock status so the customer will notice the possible working day require for trans warehouse operation and we need to change (from packed to shipped ) to (from packed, waiting for tracking#, loading to post office and finally shipped) 

Just now, arnobiz said:

This all sounds like great news Raymond. I noticed Takom has not been available from LM for a few months: is this meant to be a permanent situation?

Yes, same as AMK, we stop carrying TAKOM. Sorry that you have to get from somewhere else. But we have reinstate MENG at our store.

10 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

I will put up more note on the stock status so the customer will notice the possible working day require for trans warehouse operation and we need to change (from packed to shipped ) to (from packed, waiting for tracking#, loading to post office and finally shipped) 

This sounds good Raymond. Hopefully will make things easier to understand. Anything to make the process more transparent to the user. Will look for the changes.

Dear ARCers,

I have burned my mid-night oil to rush out the update on the website.

Now, for any item inside the order, after the item is released to packing center, the additional status will display:

- In Transit from China to HK  - that means the packet is on the route from China to HK for transit to Post Office or consolidate packing

- Waiting Tracking# - means the packet is on the outgoing queue with weighted data and waiting the post office return for shipping label to affix on

- Waiting to Post Office - means the label is affixed and waiting the next working day to physical load the packet. At this stage tracking# is assigned, but may not be searchable in Postal site.

- Shipped - means the packet is go through the final scan when leaving our warehouse and on the way to the post office counter. However, as our experience, even we have the packet delivered to post office, it may take up to 24 hrs to show up in their system.

Besides, we also show a label "The item is located in off-shore warehouse, it will take 2 more working days to post office" for those items are located in warehouse other than HK and it will take around 2 more working days to arrive to the Post Office.

Hopefully, this make more clear to avoid confusion 

Great stuff. 👍 While you are taking in requests for the site functions Raymond, could the scale drop down list be reworked? It has always been a really strange one for me and there is no clear cut logic to it. I see that it is grouped after 1/[First Number] but there is no chronological order within the groups. For example the first group is 1/100 (small, unusual scale), 1/12 (BIG scale) , 1/144 (tiny scale) , 1/16 (big scale again). Why not 1/12, 1/16, 1/100 and 1/144 order for example?

Would also be useful to have checkmarks instead of a single choice on the Category too. For example i might be interested in seeing both the kits and accessories on the same search result.

3 hours ago, Berkut said:

Great stuff. 👍 While you are taking in requests for the site functions Raymond, could the scale drop down list be reworked? It has always been a really strange one for me and there is no clear cut logic to it. I see that it is grouped after 1/[First Number] but there is no chronological order within the groups. For example the first group is 1/100 (small, unusual scale), 1/12 (BIG scale) , 1/144 (tiny scale) , 1/16 (big scale again). Why not 1/12, 1/16, 1/100 and 1/144 order for example?

Would also be useful to have checkmarks instead of a single choice on the Category too. For example i might be interested in seeing both the kits and accessories on the same search result.

Berkut, actually it does make sense, from a programming point of view. When doing the sort, it looks at the ascii value of the first character and compares it to the value of the first character in the next entry (which in this case is always "1"), since it is the same, it looks at the next character. In the examples you quoted, that would be "1" again (actually its "/" but we'll skip that). So, it looks at the next character, "0" for the first entry and "2" for the next. Then "4" in "1/144" and "6" in "1/16". So, in first four entries, it sorts out as 0,2,4,6. Then it reaches 1/20 and sorts entries with "1/2" as the first three characters after those with "1/1". All very logical to a computer, but can be complete nonsense in the real world. Welcome to the world of programming user interfaces. To many programmers, they wouldn't see the problem, so steeped in the way a computer language looks at things, as opposed to the way we would look at those numbers.

I'll go back to my corner now. :whistle:

Hi Raymond.

I must say im a very satisfied customer of LuckyModel

Keep up the great work. 

From my usage, i did see some increase in prices to canada, it used to be the same as usa but now seams to be a bit more. Will you still be doing 2$ shipping promos? 

I have no issue in waiting for stuff especially when shipping is that low. I have a good stash to keep me busy!! 

The biggest plus for me is the free shipping on After Market. This is the #1 reason i love and repeadedly purchase from you

Im wondering to you plan to carry the new mr paint (MRP) ive been looking for a good source for this new paint in Canada. 

Cheers

Just placed another order. Correction on my previous post i believe shipping cost are back to normal.

Been waiting on the kinetic t-45 Carrier deck combo to be back in production for a while. Super happy to be able to grab one. 

Dear Neo 

thanks. The T-45 combo should be discontinue as the boxtop is finished. 

As for the $2 promo as this is surface mail option and the HKPOST change the spec since Feb 2019 where we can only send smaller box. Thus the $2 promo would not be offered to US anymore. We are checking the Canada if still possible. 

Besides as the surface mail has a high chance to get damaged the kit, we have suffered some lose on replacement/ claim. Therefore even if we continue to offer, it will be a personalised offer for those who does not claimed on this services type before. Just like the NCD from your car insurance. We do want to offer the good price to customer while we have to balance overall performance. 

Another way we are checking if we can Coload the surface mail type parcel into our own container to Canada warehouse and re route using the ground transport services. And see if any cost saving from direct posting to Post Office. That we can reuse the larger box for domestic posting. 

Keep looking about the shipping  option as the we know the US will depart from UPU this year and we look forward for a new change on shipping again. 

14 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

Dear Neo 

thanks. The T-45 combo should be discontinue as the boxtop is finished. 

As for the $2 promo as this is surface mail option and the HKPOST change the spec since Feb 2019 where we can only send smaller box. Thus the $2 promo would not be offered to US anymore. We are checking the Canada if still possible. 

Besides as the surface mail has a high chance to get damaged the kit, we have suffered some lose on replacement/ claim. Therefore even if we continue to offer, it will be a personalised offer for those who does not claimed on this services type before. Just like the NCD from your car insurance. We do want to offer the good price to customer while we have to balance overall performance. 

Another way we are checking if we can Coload the surface mail type parcel into our own container to Canada warehouse and re route using the ground transport services. And see if any cost saving from direct posting to Post Office. That we can reuse the larger box for domestic posting. 

Keep looking about the shipping  option as the we know the US will depart from UPU this year and we look forward for a new change on shipping again. 

Sounds good

I understand the reasoning.

Kinda cool to make shipping like car insurance! Love new ways to make thing better. 

I really glad i got my hands on that t-45 combo before you ran out!! 

Like mentionned in my second post shipping seams to be back to reaonable price compared to earlier this year. 

Question have you ever considered the hlj aproch where ppl buy kit and when there are enough request shipment, the idea is its often more cost effective to ship multiple kits at once. Only mentionning this since sometime you have something i want in promo or stock  but i dont purchace because single item shipping makes it less appealing, where as maybe i would accumulate then ship 4 times a year. Just thinking out loud btw. Im a big fan on Lucky Model

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2019 at 6:08 AM, Raymond Chung said:

Again, the box is packed in LuckyModel warehouse in China - not distributor - as for your ordered item F-16XL, we are the maker as well, so we have no reason to lie you.

In stock - means the item in our warehouse either in China or HK.

Packed - means the item pack into the carton box and ready to proceed to next route (it can be a unregistered option without waiting the tracking# from post office)

Shipped - means the label attached and on the way to Post office. - we move the bulk to post office daily but in some case, we can only move to post office every 2 days. Thus, it has a chance the box "shipped" is queuing for trucking to post office counter or mail center. 

I have asked Silvia - she admitted she just see the status and give you reply without going detail into the trace log. Normally, the shipped status is max 2 days between completed and to the post office. 

If you think we lie, I am sorry we may not able to meet your expectation. But I want to reinstate the whole matter was generated from china custom blocking for 2 working days and sorry you cannot use the part you paid for within 7 days across Pacific ocean. I am sure many others shops can do better than us. 

Hello, 

is there a problem or something with your system?

I've got two orders blocked since march 28/29 between packed and shipped stages.

It took one week to pass from "pending" ot "packed to Postal".

Last Thursday, they both were indicated "packed queued to Postal", still no change today.

You said "Normally, the shipped status is max 2 days between completed and to the post office." 

It's strange that not one but two packets can stay nearly one week at this stage.

Dear Shion,

Please PM me for further enquiry,  but since you ask from here, i reply to you here.

Last friday is a public holiday in HK, and we have the Hasegawa arrival on 2nd April, but unluckily, we have some change over with some warehouse staff, the new staff will on board tmr. So, we have some backlog. Also, we have another Revell shipment arrived and all the warehouse floor is "jammed". We will further clean up the packed packet within the coming days with new warehouse staff arriving. 

You cannot believe  how busy it is the warehouse we have, I always complaint, why I send the order to all suppliers in different month but all shipment (especially in container size) will arrive within the same week ! We will have a full container load of airfix inbound and Italeri within 10 days, so, please forgive us we are busy to clean up all the backlog here. 

I double check your order, the order has been in the queued via our Europe services provider, but we have been seriously short of staff in last week, so we can only move out the HK Post (US and Asia Region) out today, we will update the postal data tmr. 

During April - June, a lot of Asia holiday in between, making you feel the packet is in the warehouse for a week (actually 2-3 more working days)

Edited by Raymond Chung
21 minutes ago, shion said:

Hello, 

is there a problem or something with your system?

I've got two orders blocked since march 28/29 between packed and shipped stages.

It took one week to pass from "pending" ot "packed to Postal".

Last Thursday, they both were indicated "packed queued to Postal", still no change today.

You said "Normally, the shipped status is max 2 days between completed and to the post office." 

It's strange that not one but two packets can stay nearly one week at this stage.

For your information, since last Thursday, we have packed around 1088 packets but not enough time to weight it and move to post office.

Also, from last Thursday, (Friday,Sat,Sun is holiday), Monday and Tuesday is working day, so, we have 1 more working day before. But be consideration of Asia holiday is different from Western holiday. 

15 minutes ago, Raymond Chung said:

Dear Shion,

Please PM me for further enquiry,  but since you ask from here, i reply to you here.

Last friday is a public holiday in HK, and we have the Hasegawa arrival on 2nd April, but unluckily, we have some change over with some warehouse staff, the new staff will on board tmr. So, we have some backlog. Also, we have another Revell shipment arrived and all the warehouse floor is "jammed". We will further clean up the packed packet within the coming days with new warehouse staff arriving. 

You cannot believe  how busy it is the warehouse we have, I always complaint, why I send the order to all suppliers in different month but all shipment (especially in container size) will arrive within the same week ! We will have a full container load of airfix inbound and Italeri within 10 days, so, please forgive us we are busy to clean up all the backlog here.  

I double check your order, the order has been in the queued via our Europe services provider, but we have been seriously short of staff in last week, so we can only move out the HK Post (US and Asia Region) out today, we will update the postal data tmr. 

During April - June, a lot of Asia holiday in between, making you feel the packet is in the warehouse for a week (actually 2-3 more working days)

Nice to see you guys so busy. Thanks for your honesty. Keep up the great work.

Nowadays, the business is very strange. The daily order volume can have a 1000% difference in normal day (not to mention the Xmas). You can have fewer order in most of the day and suddenly when a large shipment arrive, the pending orders can jack up quickly.

While you don't have enough space, staffs to clean all the backlog on time. 

17 minutes ago, Raymond Chung said:

Nowadays, the business is very strange. The daily order volume can have a 1000% difference in normal day (not to mention the Xmas). You can have fewer order in most of the day and suddenly when a large shipment arrive, the pending orders can jack up quickly.

While you don't have enough space, staffs to clean all the backlog on time. 

New product lines like Res/Kits is a big addition (thanks!), new arrivals and a big sale all combine for a high volume. 

Great 4$ shipping is on.

My last irder was too soon but i might order more stuff to take advantage of this. Its so worth it.

Raymond do you have any plans on stocking the new MRP paint ? I would order that from you guys in a heart beat