LUCKYMODEL NEW SHIPPING SYSTEM

2 hours ago, viper730 said:

Same here.

I don't think Raymond would be able to ship MRP paint, at least not airmail. Too many restrictions as paints like MRP lacquers are considered hazardous materials and are generally not allowed on air shipments. When places like Hobbyworld, here in the states, get there shipments of MRP stock, they are packed in a special manner by people certified to ship hazardous materials. Then, when he ships to customers here in the states, they only go out via ground mail.

I think there are some vendors that will ship paints like MRP via airmail, but I kinda think they are just not informing the carrier what's in the package.

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

I don't think Raymond would be able to ship MRP paint, at least not airmail. Too many restrictions as paints like MRP lacquers are considered hazardous materials and are generally not allowed on air shipments. When places like Hobbyworld, here in the states, get there shipments of MRP stock, they are packed in a special manner by people certified to ship hazardous materials. Then, when he ships to customers here in the states, they only go out via ground mail.

I think there are some vendors that will ship paints like MRP via airmail, but I kinda think they are just not informing the carrier what's in the package.

They ship Alclad fine. Just use ground shipping. 

3 hours ago, Neo said:

They ship Alclad fine. Just use ground shipping. 

OK, I forgot they had that option. Duh. I would think it would take a pretty long time to arrive in the states though. I wouldn't like waiting that long myself, especially with the problems one can have with overseas shipments (I know they are rare, but I have been bitten quite a few times). I just get mine from Hobbyworld and if they are out of stock, Matt usually gets them restock in a few weeks or a month. Might have to wait a while there too, but at least I have no worries about the package going missing.

(P.S. Sorry Raymond, some things are just better off purchased locally. At least in my book.)

Edited by Mstor
3 hours ago, modelingbob said:

I'm really glad that Lucky Model is not offering the $2 surface shipping option to the USA any longer. My bank account balance thanks them!!!!

Actually we have a new shipping plan, since Feb 2019 HK Post Office has changed the max box size for parcel to USA and reduce it by half, so we cannot no longer to offer $2 surface mail option as the shipping cost will be triple to ship the same amount of goods as before.

But do not get disappointed, with our Canada based warehouse in operation, we are running a trial promotion for $4 surface mail option for any order more than $60! 

How we do it ? We will spool   any order packed for this shipping option and we will load it into our monthly container to Canada warehouse, then it will be rerouted via USPS/UPS ground to your place. Thus the max box size will be same as US/CANADA domestic shipping. We estimate the delivery time will similar to post office (1.5-2.5 month). Once the container arrive we will update the USPS/UPS tracking number. 

The first batch will leave HK on 26 April and any order received before should arrive around end of May or early June. 

This is the stage one of our trans Pacific operation and we look forward to expand our North America operation in the future by stockings some DG item overseas to provide more type of services. 

9 hours ago, Mstor said:

OK, I forgot they had that option. Duh. I would think it would take a pretty long time to arrive in the states though. I wouldn't like waiting that long myself, especially with the problems one can have with overseas shipments (I know they are rare, but I have been bitten quite a few times). I just get mine from Hobbyworld and if they are out of stock, Matt usually gets them restock in a few weeks or a month. Might have to wait a while there too, but at least I have no worries about the package going missing.

(P.S. Sorry Raymond, some things are just better off purchased locally. At least in my book.)

I buy most of my paints (Mr Color / Tamiya) etc from Lucky or other Asian onlines. Even with shipping it's 1/2 price of the locals. It just takes a bit a planning. I do like to have stock of certain colours though . I do still have to buy the odd bottle locally but it's a 80km trip to LHS for me. 

6 hours ago, a4s4eva said:

I buy most of my paints (Mr Color / Tamiya) etc from Lucky or other Asian onlines. Even with shipping it's 1/2 price of the locals. It just takes a bit a planning. I do like to have stock of certain colours though . I do still have to buy the odd bottle locally but it's a 80km trip to LHS for me. 

Hmmm, I think I will have to give this some consideration.  I get all my paint online. Thanks for the info. If you don't mind, which other vendors have you used to get paints?

9 hours ago, Mstor said:

Hmmm, I think I will have to give this some consideration.  I get all my paint online. Thanks for the info. If you don't mind, which other vendors have you used to get paints?

Lucky and Sealmodel . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 4:11 PM, modelingbob said:

I'm really glad that Lucky Model is not offering the $2 surface shipping option to the USA any longer. My bank account balance thanks them!!!!

I really like their new $4 system. I just loaded up on a few hundred dollars in kits (getting Tamiya F-16s for 25-30 bucks is a great deal). Since the 7-11 day airmail usually takes about 24 days for me anyway, I'm fine with waiting a few months to get an order at this price. 

27 minutes ago, camus27 said:

I really like their new $4 system. I just loaded up on a few hundred dollars in kits (getting Tamiya F-16s for 25-30 bucks is a great deal). Since the 7-11 day airmail usually takes about 24 days for me anyway, I'm fine with waiting a few months to get an order at this price. 

The first container has left HK, ETA by end of May and according to the schedule, the parcel should arrive before 15 June.

We will upgrade the system to show the status of the parcel before hitting the Canada boarder. As we will only ship every 6 weeks, in order to avoid waiting too long, we will re-open this offer when we confirm the container leaving HK 3 weeks ahead.

I took advantage of the half price air mail a few weeks back, ordered some kits, which I had not done in almost a year.

The reason it had been so long was air postage rates to Canada.

Prior to the half price air mail, changing from the USA designation to Canada resulted in an increase of 34% in USD.

No issue with the percentage increase, as it appeared to be the current dollar exchange rate, however I did have issue with the 34% still in USD funds.

That essentially meant that I would pay more than the 34%, once the currency converted to CDN funds - might as well say another 34%.

Add another 5% for my CC exchange fees & the HK Bank fees-which is the cost of their services, no issue there.

A week after the half price air mail, the $4 surface fee was offered.

Having utilized the old $2 surface specials before, (parcels are compressed due to stuffing shipment container), I therefore only looked at Armour kits to avoid damaged canopies in aircraft kits.

When you choose your country, air parcel is the first to be offered.

I was quite surprised to see an increase of over 300% in air mail to Canada, from the USA.

Was not impressed, didn't order anything.

Kit example:

RMF Jagpanther G2 at $71.98 USD

Shipping (USD):

USA air parcel $12.87

Canada air parcel $43.67 

Canada surface special (now expired) $4.00 

After the surface special, checked shipping on an aircraft kit.

Kit example:

Kinetic  Gold 1/48 F/A-18D Atars at $39.99 USD

Shipping (USD):

USA air parcel $13.66

Canada air parcel $43.67

Canada surface parcel $13.70

The new shipping rates far exceed any dollar exchange rate, which essentially prices you out of the market for me.

Competitive on-line stores in USA provided alternative shipping options when their third party shipping rates became very high.

Some On-line stores in Hong Kong  and Japan  provide lower shipping rates, plus I can perform the entire transaction in CDN funds.

Thus when I check my CC invoice, it matches theirs, plus the CC fee.

I don't have calculate two bank fees, exchange rates of the store AND shipping.

Hopefully the N.America warehouse will change this situation, once it's up & running.

The current pricing is incoherent.

Only current monetary exchange rates for any country makes sense.

On 3/8/2019 at 9:16 AM, Raymond Chung said:

Yes the price is in effect. No increase for Canada 

Glad to hear this warehouse is in Canada. Shipping from US to Canada is far too expensive.

Edited by Scooby
  • 1 month later...

My first order from Lucky Model using the new system of low-cost shipping arrived today on the West Coast of Canada. At the early end of the projected timeline. All present and correct in a pristine box.
Congratulations Raymond.

Bill Inglee

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 8:30 PM, Phantom726 said:

Raymond,

Any chance we will see reduced shipping costs to mainland Europe within the forseeable future? 

Thanks

Hi Raymond any news on this. As the shipping costs to Europe and the UK are quite high compared to the US or are there other reasons ?

Robert

3 minutes ago, Tomcat Trebor said:

Hi Raymond any news on this. As the shipping costs to Europe and the UK are quite high compared to the US or are there other reasons ?

Robert

Sorry we don't have any plan to open our office in Europe in the near future.

But possible we will have a good rate for UK soon.

On 5/5/2019 at 11:03 PM, Raymond Chung said:

The first trans pacific reroute will happen in this month via Canada

then when we figure out the exact detail on shipping from it, we can expand to provide better delivery services 

Raymond Just got my kits I ordered at the end of April. 👍👍 A couple of things. 1.  I ordered 3 kits and they were each shipped separately and all arrived on a different day. 2. They were supposed to be traceable but none of the 3 packages were. That said I had No Idea when they would get here. 3. The packages were all sent Registered Mail so I had to sign for them. I was lucky to be home on the day the first one showed up so I did not have to go the PO the next day to get the Kit.  At that same time I made arrangements for the other 2 packages. Which again were not traceable so I still had no Idea when they would show up. Everything arrived fine so This is not a complaint at all just questions raised to help you with the new shipping system.  BTW I just placed another order to take advantage of the Anniversary sale. 🤩

Gotta ask others in the USA who ordered During the April sale were their pkgs sent in a similar way?

New - stock indicator

With our new e-integration with some of our important supplier system, we now have a new stock indicator to reflect the stock offer from our supplier. For max queuing time, it will be max 30 days from order placement to shipment.