Any 1/144 USAF C-9A Nightingale Decals?

So I did a search of the interweb looking for decals for the Air Forces C-9A Nightingale in 1/144 and I came up negative.   I found Navy and Marine decals by Draw Decals but nothing for an early Air Force bird.   Anyone aware of a sheet or do I need to try to cobble something together using other sources?

don

5 minutes ago, KursadA said:

I just know where this conversation is going .. 🙂

Kursad, you might want to consider this. There were a lot of pretty C-9A/C-9B in the USAF and Navy, and decals should fit on the old, ubiquitous Airfix kit or the new Fly kits. I believe all the U.S. military ones were Series 30 birds, and that's what the Airfix kit is and some of the Fly kits are. Just to wet your whistle, this is my C-9A Nightingale made from merging two old 1/72 scale Aurora kits. The window and door decals on this were custom made by Draw Decal:

AurC-9Aweb.jpg

There even is a NASA one. Nice.

I will add it to the "to do" pile and obtain a kit. There does not seem to be much to the markings, could be a nice weekend project for sometime in early summer.

52 minutes ago, KursadA said:

I just know where this conversation is going .. 🙂

Hey Kursad.   Was waiting to find out what was there (nothing) before I bounced this off you.   I also just ordered another one of your C-141 sheets in case I needed to cobble things together to get to where Paul got.

42 minutes ago, Paul Boyer said:

Kursad, you might want to consider this. There were a lot of pretty C-9A/C-9B in the USAF and Navy, and decals should fit on the old, ubiquitous Airfix kit or the new Fly kits. I believe all the U.S. military ones were Series 30 birds, and that's what the Airfix kit is and some of the Fly kits are. Just to wet your whistle, this is my C-9A Nightingale made from merging two old 1/72 scale Aurora kits. The window and door decals on this were custom made by Draw Decal:

AurC-9Aweb.jpg

Paul, your build is beautiful and exactly what I am looking to build for myself only in 1/144.    And I think the Air Force had a couple different looks before they finally retired them.

Edited by Drifterdon

Just couldn't resist and drew the basic profiles/ground work in a marathon session last night. I announced a 1/144 scale C-9 sheet in my forum.

So, which kit should I buy for this one? Or maybe one of you can lend me a kit?

3 hours ago, KursadA said:

Just couldn't resist and drew the basic profiles/ground work in a marathon session last night. I announced a 1/144 scale C-9 sheet in my forum.

So, which kit should I buy for this one? Or maybe one of you can lend me a kit?

The Airfix kit is pretty much the basic kit that will get you any of the C-9's.   PM me and I can send one your way.   And did I mention that you ROCK!

On 3/7/2019 at 3:44 PM, Paul Boyer said:

AurC-9Aweb.jpg

Very nice build Paul! I always appreciate these type of "not the same old thing" builds ;0) The C-9 has been on my wish list/to build list for some time. I keep hoping that BPK will do the DC-9/C-9 in 72nd scale like they did the 737/T-43. I know that that kit has a few flaws, but its likely to be the only game in town for a long long time. Thanks for sharing, Fred K.

Don't know how I missed this last week before Kursad announced his 1/144 C-9 sheet. 

@Don, you need to tell me when you ask a question that you know I'll be interested in! 

@Kursad, I can send you a Airfix/MPC DC-9 kit today, if Don can't.

@Ray, Actually, You posted a photo of a C-9A converted to the VIP role.  The markings on the Liveries Unlimited sheet depict a VC-9C.  There are subtle differences, though you could probably build it from this sheet, just changing the serial number and painting the entire belly lt blue.

R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch

You guys are right! I built both of those; C-9A and C-9B and left them at a hobby shop on Ringgold Rd in East Ridge, TN (now defunct, apparently) before deploying to Iraq. I remove my previous assertion that the C-9A has never been kitted or decals printed. My apologies. 

Edited by Dutch
add detail
7 hours ago, Paul Boyer said:

Pop mine in the pist? Eww! Hope it doesn't get wet!🤣

@Paul,  Late night typing without my glasses.  All fixed.  BTW, very NICE C-9A from the old Aurora kit.  I had that kit in the mid-late 1970s.  Built it first in the lemon yellow / purple Hughes Airwest colors; I am pretty sure I just put the decals onto the yellow plastic.  A few years later I repainted into a C-9A (I did not lengthen the fuselage or wings for a proper -30) by cobbling together the decals from various sources.  It was a pretty sturdy model as the pastic was a scale two feet thick!  Well done, sir! R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch

If you can't find proper decals, maybe the Gartex one could be used to make 1/144 sized decals.

The Minicraft C-118 kits has a red cross that might be the correct size. You might be able to get the Mac band and badge from  either the Roden C-141 kit or the Caracal C-141 decals. If they are too large, perhaps the Dragon C-141A kit decals might do. 

Grant

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:26 PM, Drifterdon said:

Hey Kursad.   Was waiting to find out what was there (nothing) before I bounced this off you.   I also just ordered another one of your C-141 sheets in case I needed to cobble things together to get to where Paul got.

Grant - already done.   But since Kursad has already announced this as a future decal sheet, I'll put off the build until the decals are available.