JASDF aggressors mostly F-104 and F-4EJ related

From time to time I end up finding some interesting F-104J or F-4EJ sporting some unusual scheme but every single time I try to dig out more pictures nothing comes up...so IT is there a reason of why it's so hard to find pictures and let alone decals in any kind of scale of these two aircrafts?

Luigi

I feel the same way. I love Japanese F-4EJ aggressors. There is a Facebook group, F4 Phantoms of Japan, that will often have photos of f-4EJ aggressors. Other than that and the odd post on some modeling forum, I find it difficult to find them. Then there's the question of decals. You can find F-15J aggressor decals, but very little for either the F-4EJ or F-104J. Its a shame.

3 hours ago, Mizar said:

From time to time I end up finding some interesting F-104J or F-4EJ sporting some unusual scheme but every single time I try to dig out more pictures nothing comes up...so IT is there a reason of why it's so hard to find pictures and let alone decals in any kind of scale of these two aircrafts?

Luigi

The best way to search is go to www.yahoo.jp

You will get a lot more returns but be prepared to navigate Japanese only language sites to find great photos.

The images are out there you just need the time and patience to play around on sites only in Kanji.

There are thousands of great photos out there you can find it takes a bit of effort though.

The F-4 is very well covered by Japanese photographers i think though Google seems to exclude searching non English sites.

F-104 is covered ok but not aa many options so one of the Modelart or other Japanese special edition mags might be a good start as well.

On 3/7/2019 at 9:40 PM, Mstor said:

I feel the same way. I love Japanese F-4EJ aggressors. There is a Facebook group, F4 Phantoms of Japan, that will often have photos of f-4EJ aggressors. Other than that and the odd post on some modeling forum, I find it difficult to find them. Then there's the question of decals. You can find F-15J aggressor decals, but very little for either the F-4EJ or F-104J. Its a shame.

Thanks, gotta scavenge Facebook for it, have joined so many groups that lost track of what I'm following and what I'm not, should make a secondary account just for scale modelling and military related things, but some groups are a tight with newer accounts with not content and I also hate taking pictures of myself and when people doesn't find a picture with my face they just go "oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh request denied" 

On 3/7/2019 at 11:33 PM, Gary F said:

Two Bobs did a sheet for aggressor F-104Js and Aeromaster and CAM did stuff for the F-4EJ aggressors, all in 48th. 

I remember those, not sure if I can find instruction scans of them, one option in the Aeromaster decal was also very interesting 😕

On 3/8/2019 at 1:03 AM, dehowie said:

The best way to search is go to www.yahoo.jp

You will get a lot more returns but be prepared to navigate Japanese only language sites to find great photos.

The images are out there you just need the time and patience to play around on sites only in Kanji.

There are thousands of great photos out there you can find it takes a bit of effort though.

The F-4 is very well covered by Japanese photographers i think though Google seems to exclude searching non English sites.

F-104 is covered ok but not aa many options so one of the Modelart or other Japanese special edition mags might be a good start as well.

I did that, lots of times, because it all started with a picture of an F-104J sporting four LAU-7 ? rails on which two of them were installed on the BL75 pylon and because I couldn't see the rail adapter I searched for them left and right with no avail. I partially solved Google problem by tampering with the search options panel but from time to time they reset back to default, Yandex is also good but their captcha lately is pure nuts, it takes one "search similar image" search some fast scrolling and captcha pops, as for your suggested books and magazine I'm going to fetch them asap

On 3/8/2019 at 10:31 AM, HomeBe said:

been there, downloaded everything from that ^_^

Thanks guys !

Luigi