USS Reliant, lit up.

Next up is a very old release of the USS Reliant. I am going to add around 20 LED lights to it hooked up to a 9vt battery.

The only issue I have on this one is the decals are very moldy. I have had them in a window facing the sun for around 6 months now. Which means they are as about as good as they will ever get. Well see what happens. Perhaps I can get lucky at the up coming Hamilton show and acquire another sheet.

I did get the after market sheet from round two, but the markings are for Saratoga.

TUPKl8w.jpg

Not much to see for today, 2 hours of drilling out window holes with a pin vice and one bloody thumb later. Also drilled out where I intend to have a metal post hold the finished model one day. Set in a plastic support so when the metal post in in place the model will hopefully sit correctly.

Tomorrow I will go see if I can find some blue LEDs for the warp core.

QOuO70w.jpg

Wow, got way more done then I thought I would. Also cut the lights in half as I am only powering it by a 9 volt. Also this one will be below the big models I have so the bottom will never be seen anyway.

Instead of getting fancy with the lights these are just spares I had laying around from past projects.

First the engines are together.

PnRWzRc.jpg

Its looking good with the lights and you are making great progress.  I have had this kit in my stash for a long time but it is so big that every time I pull it off the shelf to build it I see the size and put it back on the shelf.