1/144 Roden C-133 - For Sale on eBay

53 minutes ago, KursadA said:

Was there any other C-133 color schemes other than the MAC scheme used for the kit decals?

Not sure about alternate schemes, but being that it’s a Roden kit, you know the kit decals are going to stink.  Might be a market for replacement decals, alternate schemes or not.

corey

@KursadA

Well, actually the C-133 displayed a little variety in its markings. Much like its stablemates the C-97 & C-124, they all went from overall natural metal, to white upper fuselage with international orange or red high visibility markings on nose, tail and wingtips, to just plain white top, n.metal lowers, with large areas of gray anti corrosion on fuselage and wings. The MATS/ MAC tail band will suffice for most C-133 schemes. Granted the SAC Strategic Support C-97s and C-124s did display some very large bird-like markings along their noses. Oh, and don't forget that a handful of C-133s finished their days in rather spartan and dull markings hauling fish in Alaska. Do you have the "remembering an unsung giant" book? Not sure if it is worthy of a sheet all to itself, but if the kit markings are bad, then maybe it will. Otherwise you could squeeze a simple set onto the C-124 sheet and make it a combined sheet? Maybe not. Food for thought. 

R/ Dutch 

9780977676200-us.jpg

Edited by Dutch
10 hours ago, Dutch said:

@KursadA

Otherwise you could squeeze a simple set onto the C-124 sheet and make it a combinex sheet? Maybe not. Food for thought. 

This might be a really great option for C-133 markings if you would be open to it Kursad.  A set of MATS/MAC tail bands and some serial numbers.  Good idea Dutch!

-Derek

The kit decals definitely look substandard, and I have no doubt I can do better. A decal for the windshield would also be nice for those who do not want to paint these. If I can find one or two interesting Alaskan fish haulers, there may be enough material for a limited run sheet after all. 

PS: The C-124 actually has a nice variety of schemes and markings, so it certainly warrants a full sheet dedicated to the type.

25 minutes ago, 757flyer said:

Just as an FYI, there is a sheet available for ANG C-124s from DRAW Decal:

https://www.shopdrawdecal.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=44-C124-1

Yes, and i have both sheets in 1/72 scale. I say both, because one sheet is all the stencils,  data markings  and walkways, while the other sheet contains only unit makings.  So you need both to build one model. And they are expensive.  So, if Kursad can make a 1/144 all in one C-124 sheet, for a third of the price of just one Draw Dexal sheet,  I am all for it!

R/ Dutch

P.S. [A baby seal just died because of your comment.]

Edited by Dutch

Yes, due to the size of the stencil elements, the 1/72 decals are broken into two sets, but the 1/144 ones are a single sheet.  

The more decal options there are available, the better for the hobby.