1/144 Roden C-133 - For Sale on eBay

4 hours ago, 757flyer said:

Just as an FYI, there is a sheet available for ANG C-124s from DRAW Decal:

I have this sheet and it covers a lot of subjects but they are all ANG birds.   We need active USAF units MATS and Troop Support Sq (of the time) along with some of those early colorful SAC Strategic Support markings for the early versions of 'Old Shakey'.

Sorry, another baby seal bites it...:whistle:

And how did we get on C-124?  Thought this was a thread for the C-133.  

Edited by Drifterdon

Okay, you're right. This thread is not on the Caracal forum, so maybe the baby seal just got clubbed, but didn't die. My apologies. I am in and out of so many forums, that I forgot where I was.  Carry on!  Back to C-133 discussion. (Kind of like the Modelcollect B-52H thread that got highjacked into a B-52G thread for much of the time.)

Edited by Dutch
On 3/14/2019 at 2:46 PM, Drifterdon said:

Has anyone seen sprue shots yet?    Curious to see how it looks in the box.

Has anyone received their kit yet?  I paid for mine on the 18th so I hope it will be here in a few more days via airmail from Eastern Europe...

Here is a sprue shot I found:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/greenmats/permalink/2237482082977988/

-Derek

On 3/20/2019 at 9:42 AM, Dutch said:

Kursad, I can lend you a Roden C-133 kit as well.  PM me for details.

Kursad, I have not ordered my own Roden C-133 kit. I can still lend you the book.  PM me please. R/ Dutch

• 2 weeks later...

Got a got an email today from ModelsUA saying that my kit has shipped!  Hopefully I’ll have it in 2 weeks or so.  I’ll be happy to post photos here when I get it unless someone else beats me to it.

-Derek

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm happy to report that my "Weenie Wagon" arrived safely today from ModelsUA!  Only 11 days to get from the Ukraine to Texas, pretty impressive.

wmBhlc4.jpg

The box arrived in great condition, wrapped in brown paper on the outside.  The box was encased in cardboard, the kit itself was shrink wrapped and as a further precaution, the sprues were bubble wrapped.  Very nice.  Once all that was removed, the box seems over-sized for what is inside:

RqP0Rrd.jpg

Surface detail is nicely done.  The panel lines do seem a bit overdone for 1/144, but this is pretty common for this scale I'd say.  Here's the tail section inside and out:

oaTbzJp.jpg

5Ryhx6o.jpg

The cockpit is complete with four seats, yokes, and instrument panels.  The crew door on the starboard side is molded open and a door is included.  A cargo floor is provided.

The big let down is of course with the decals...

mZOsqAd.jpg

Hopefully Kursad will come to our rescue like always!! 🙂

These were just some "quick and dirty" shots with my cell phone camera.  I can post more/better ones if anyone wants to see them, just let me know.

-Derek

Edited by viking73

Thanks Jonah.  I think you should pick one up.  I'm curious to find out what the fit is like.

Here's some photos of the instructions:

yzcUvpF.jpg

DzhXDHA.jpg

V9Y5jwa.jpg

PemDky6.jpg

There are some very small parts included for the landing gear, some that will be hard to remove from the sprues without breaking them it seems to me.  I also think it's a bit interesting that Roden chose to make the fuselage windows clear this time instead of just using decals for them like on their C-124 kit.  Maybe the C-124 had too many?  At any rate, I am itching to get this kit on the bench.  

-Derek

5 hours ago, KursadA said:

I will be releasing a decal sheet in June - stay tuned. Multiple options and windscreen decals too.

Bless you Kursad!  I can’t wait.  Let me know if you need to borrow anything - references or the kit.

-Derek

My kit arrived today as well - I've been examining it all evening, and I have to say it's quite nice. It just needs decent decals, and I will try to do my part. Highly recommended to anyone interested in this forgotten giant.

• 4 weeks later...