CD72087 - 1/72 F-15 Eagle "The Early Years"

22 hours ago, KursadA said:

I wish I had seen this one before designing the sheet - it might have been possible to add the markings for the first F-15C. Oh well - perhaps in a reprint in a few years' time.

The F-15C didn't come along until 1978, so maybe not exactly "Early Years" material.  However, you could do a Test / Eval / Special markings F-15 sheet and include those markings along with some others, such as F-15B 71-0291 in early F-15E demonstrator markings. There are the many test logos applied through the years.  And what about some F-15 NASA markings?  That could possibly fill two sheets. 

• 2 months later...

Can I ask a question about F-15A 71-0284 'City of Iowa Park' with the 'FF' code which is on this sheet (as well as the 1/48th sheet)? There was a photo  posted of her on the original 1/48th thread here which appears to have been deleted. She was part of an open day or airshow static and because she was wearing 'FF' codes I assumed she was photographed at Langley AFB. However information available on the 'net says that she went to Sheppard AFB as an instructional airframe then was later seen dumped at Goodfellow AFB so it looks like I assumed wrongly. Just wondering whether it could be confirmed where that photo of 71-0284 'City of Iowa Park' was taken?

Thanks

Michael

Edited by Ghostbase
Update information
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/5/2020 at 12:12 AM, arg said:

Dutch -

Looking forward to the build - I want to do the prototype aircraft also.

To anyone in-the-know:   I have the early 1/72 Hasegawa, Monogram and Revell F-15s, that all have the square wing tips and small speedbrake.  Question - Does one of these kits stand out in capturing the overall shape of the very early F-15s, or are they about the same?  Thanks.

I recently started the conversion of the 1/72 Monogram kit. I was able to get the decals (thanks riffraff!).  I just finished doing the mods on one of the horizontal tails.  Like someone mentioned,  the raised panel lines are fairly pronounced so I'll probably rescribe them.  

20220813_111824.jpg