Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Matt Foley

How's this for a package arrival?

Recommended Posts

Just received today from Shanghai it contained a replacement parts order from a popular manufacturer. Not their fault, but check out the "Extra Care"  it received from the postal service(s)

 

8VEk3I.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ouch! Problem is, its hard to know where the damage occurred. Could have been anywhere from Shanghai to Madison and wherever it stopped in between.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe I found which mail hub your package was routed through...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your package looks like every package I receive!  Unless it's UPS or Fed Ex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Don said:

I believe I found which mail hub your package was routed through...

 

 

LOL!!! Oh man.....that's unbelievable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My KH Su-35 came in a worse contition. However just one part was broken and it is easily fixable.

Edited by Helmsman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s just FLAT-out imPRESSive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope nobody was killed in that warehouse. I don't know how heavy those packages were but I can tell you that steel rack shelving is extremely heavy....

 

Max Bryant 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, habu2 said:

That’s just FLAT-out imPRESSive. 

 

:thumbsup:

I see what you did there!

 

-Gregg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow ikea shelving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to know why?  Go apply for a UPS loader job... they will give you a tour in the application process (you dont ever have to come back).   I am not exaggerating when I say the following. 

 

They encourage their workers to load the truck by the deadline... NO MATTER WHAT.    They dont care if you have to run or dive over boxes.  They dont care if you have to walk over piles of boxes, or throw and/or kick boxes.  The #1 task is getting that truck loaded.  They do not look at labels, unless it was something extra thay you paid for at the counter.   That "fragile" label is ignored.   We literally witnessed workers stepping on boxes, kicking and throwing boxes.  Boxes falling 80+ ft from overhead conveyors onto the floor and hitting all sorts of jagged machinery on the way down.   It's like a prison yard... except its a UPS loading facility.  

 

I presume all of the other carriers share this model.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In like the "It's like a prison yard" comment, my add:  with G. Gordon Liddy as a foreman.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 9:57 PM, Don said:

I believe I found which mail hub your package was routed through...

 

Holy S**T!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 7:57 PM, Don said:

I believe I found which mail hub your package was routed through...

Man......! That was just like knocking over the first domino! Yikes! Fred K.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BaconRaygun said:

Want to know why?  Go apply for a UPS loader job... they will give you a tour in the application process (you dont ever have to come back).   I am not exaggerating when I say the following. 

 

They encourage their workers to load the truck by the deadline... NO MATTER WHAT.    They dont care if you have to run or dive over boxes.  They dont care if you have to walk over piles of boxes, or throw and/or kick boxes.  The #1 task is getting that truck loaded.  They do not look at labels, unless it was something extra thay you paid for at the counter.   That "fragile" label is ignored.   We literally witnessed workers stepping on boxes, kicking and throwing boxes.  Boxes falling 80+ ft from overhead conveyors onto the floor and hitting all sorts of jagged machinery on the way down.   It's like a prison yard... except its a UPS loading facility.  

 

I presume all of the other carriers share this model.  

 

 

LOL...I've witnessed that as well with UPS. I also watched them load a truck from the loading dock of a local parts distributor. They basically tossed, threw, kicked, whatever you want to call it all the boxes into the UPS truck. Was like watching a bucket brigade! And all the boxes were in a huge pile in the truck. Guys looked like they were having fun at least!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:59 PM, mightymax said:

Hope nobody was killed in that warehouse. I don't know how heavy those packages were but I can tell you that steel rack shelving is extremely heavy....

 

Max Bryant 

 

Well if notice, the forklift got shoved over like it was nothing but a cardboard toy. At the very least I bet the driver sustained pretty bad injury unless he's extremely blessed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed the forklift and it got buried. I just think as big as this place is there had to be people walking in the aisles..

Max Bryant 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy stuff worthy of being fired IMHO! What's scary is the stuff NOT caught on camera!

 

P.S. turn off your sound as the music is a bit irritating...to me at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 4:04 PM, Mr Matt Foley said:

Just received today from Shanghai it contained a replacement parts order from a popular manufacturer. Not their fault, but check out the "Extra Care"  it received from the postal service(s)

 

8VEk3I.jpg

 

It looks like your replacement parts may need replacement parts.....

 

Yeah, my local USPS post office here has become infamous for loosing or misdelivering packages, including mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The regular USPS delivery lady I have is pretty good. In fact, many items missing parts of my address (usually apt #) still make it to me. The worst delivery I have is Amazon's own delivery service. Since we have a distribution center near to Milwaukee, Amazon uses its own delivery service for many packages. Their delivery service seems to be a bunch of people who buy or rent vans and contract with Amazon to deliver. You can imagine what that's like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2019 at 2:58 PM, Johnopfor said:

 

It looks like your replacement parts may need replacement parts.....

 

Yeah, my local USPS post office here has become infamous for loosing or misdelivering packages, including mine.

I have no issues with the USPS. I've had more issues with UPS and FedEx. I've bought a lot of stuff from China and when they send the package slow boat, what that means is at the point of departure from the sending country the package is loaded into a large container with a common national destination. The container is not shipped until it is full however long that takes and then is loaded on a boat and floated to the destination. Most of the damage like that is caused by heavier packages being loaded into the container with no regard for what is underneath. Generally if it is shipped via airpost it will be in better condition when the package arrives as those containers are smaller and since weight is a cost factor shipping by air, heavy items are not shipped by that method. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...