Any New Decals For the 416th BW Coming for the ModelCollect B-52H

Does anyone know if there are any decals (416th BW in particular) in-work or planned for the B-52H kit from Modelcollect?  Decals for BUFF's like these (images courtesy of the www used here for discussion only):

MxzXetL.jpg

0eAKhkb.jpg

Pzxh7aV.jpg

Edited by timc

I like this particular time period these photos represent; the SAC to ACC transition period coupled with BRAC yielded some short-lived markings on much of the B-52H fleet. 

I’d love to see options for early ACC Buffs with KI, GR, CA, LZ, MO, & FC tail codes. 

Jonah

Edited by Gator52
  • 3 weeks later...

I remember their is a public road that ran by the end of the runway at Griffiss AFB in Rome NY and I would take a ride out their and pull over on the side of the road to watch the planes take off and land and my uncle was stationed until he retired in the earily 90's

37 minutes ago, quark51 said:

I remember their is a public road that ran by the end of the runway at Griffiss AFB in Rome NY and I would take a ride out their and pull over on the side of the road to watch the planes take off and land and my uncle was stationed until he retired in the earily 90's

The road is named Penneystreet Road and runs outside the base at the end of Runway 33.  Rickmyer Road runs outside the base at the opposite end of the field at Runway 15.  That end is obscured by trees so you'd only get  a good view when the aircraft was almost on top of you.

I grew up in Syracuse and my dad was a high school guidance counselor. The Air Force wanted to increase recruiting, so they invited my dad up to Griffiss. I got out of school and went with him. I toured the hangars and saw B-52's and F-106 Delta Darts. I got to go up in the tower and watch take-offs and landings. It was glorious! A few years later, I was part of an Explorer Post for flight. We boarded a KC-135 at Griffiss and refueled B-52's. Thanks for reminding me of those great memories. I might just have to get a Buff and build it as a Griffiss bird.

I replied to a post you had with the photo of the top of one of Griff's Buffs in the Caracal's forum....  I wish I had paid closer attention to what was going on then.  In the late 80's through Desert Storm and into the early 90's, (my mid to late 20's) my attention had turned more to socialization and the opposite sex than capturing the changing B-52's at the local Air Force base....  Hindsight is truly, 20/20.

Edited by timc