Apollo 11 documentary movie

I finally got to go see the Apollo 11 movie! Awesome!!! Some very good film from NASA and they put the whole mission together very well. The white shirts and skinny black ties and pocket protectors made me laugh! I recognized several people...George Low, Bob Gilruth, "DEKE", Gene Kranz and several Apollo and future Shuttle astronauts. The comm links were good with some humor. If you've read anything about Apollo then even the acronyms and phrases they use between Houston and Columbia/Eagle you know what's going on. I lived in Houston from  64-69 and saw Apollo 9, 10 and 11 launch. My dad worked the engines on the LM so it was a real thrill for me to go back to 1969 and watch the mission to the moon again. 

Cheers...Ron

I saw it on Sunday and took my 7 year-old boys with me - amazing documentary, and they really enjoyed it as well.  We don't have an IMAX near-by so had to watch it on a regular movie screen.  I can see how IMAX would be fantastic.  I loved how they told the story and seeing the crawler and Saturn V on the big screen was everything I hoped it would be.

My boys were going back and forth from being literally on the edge of their seats to hugging their knees in nervous anticipation (like during the lunar landing).  Even though they, and pretty much everyone else, knew the main points of the mission, it was very engaging.

Go see it!

Nate...so glad your boys enjoyed the movie! That's what we need...the young ones to enjoy the engineering marvel of spaceflight. An incentive to excel in school and go make a difference. I liked the start as well...Walter Cronkite talking on launch day and then the crawler taking the Saturn to PAD 39A. I liked the high altitude cameras watching it pas through "maximum dynamic pressure". Definitely have to buy it when it comes out on DVD. 

4 hours ago, habu2 said:

The planned (USA) release date for the blu-ray dvd is May14. I have read a deluxe blu-ray version with additional material will be released in the fall. 

Thank you! Will mark my calendar to look for it!!

Cheers...Ron