kinetic 1/48 hornet nose issue

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2019 at 9:18 AM, Raymond Chung said:

The base of the windshield. The former toolshop they make an error in CNC so the parts is 0.5mm thickness than the design. Removing the plastic from the edge of the windshield will make it fit.

I've sanded the base, as well as the inside and outside of the windscreen, and I still have a bit of a step to deal with.  Would be great if there was a revised windscreen, if it's feasible.

12 hours ago, Colin K said:

I've sanded the base, as well as the inside and outside of the windscreen, and I still have a bit of a step to deal with.  Would be great if there was a revised windscreen, if it's feasible.

Same here, I've sanded and it still doesn't sit right. No doubt my building up of the nose has something to do with it, but a little instruction with diagram for those of us modeling-impaired would be greatly appreciated!

Since I know Mr. Roof has said he is building a dozen or more of this kit, I trust when he said he has it figured out, that he actually has. So I await his directions as to how he was able to beat the Kinetic Hornet into submission. Also, since nobody else stepped up, I guess we really have no other horse in the race.

On 4/6/2019 at 11:13 AM, longmc said:

Same here, I've sanded and it still doesn't sit right. No doubt my building up of the nose has something to do with it, but a little instruction with diagram for those of us modeling-impaired would be greatly appreciated!

Building up of the nose section really doesn't have any effect.  The windscreen is simply not designed to fit.  I know it's an error, but it should have been addressed, in the early build-ups, before it was produced.  Just my opinion.  So, it's more than likely anything you did.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/6/2019 at 11:11 PM, Dave Roof said:

I figured it out. As soon as I can, I'll post an update with photos showing where and how much to remove from the windscreen piece.

Hi Dave

Are you still able to post your update. All good if you can't.

Cheers