1/48 RF-101C "Sun Run" Decal Sheet

I am currently attempting to build the HobbyBoss 1/48th McDonnell RF-101C Voodoo and, as with their earlier F-101A/C of a few years ago, it is proving to be a bit of a challenge, but fun!

My choice of decals is the kit supplied RF-101C 56-0166  Sun-Run 4 "Cin-Min" with the yellow bands. The problem is that the decals are rather inadequate, all the yellow bands have to be applied with masked yellow paint, there are no decals supplied to show these bands. Worse still, in my opinion, the kit painting and marking guide is probably inaccurate; the yellow band aft of the cockpit should extend under the fuselage, and the yellow bands on the spine and the underside should meet as a 'vee', not rounded as shown on the kit instructions. I stress this is just my opinion based on watching a YouTube video about the Sun-Run project.

Personally I would welcome a sheet with the Sun-Run colour schemes however, to be honest, if I put together another RF-101C in this scale it will be a camouflaged bird which Caracal Decals has already produced.

Michael

On 3/14/2019 at 11:42 PM, KursadA said:

I think it is a worthy subject, but I already have two RF-101 sheets and will not invest in another one until at least one of them gets close to selling out. And we are not there quite yet..

No worries, I have quite a few builds to go through before sizing up the Voodoo's, someone still needs to push out an RF-101C Voodoo intake correction set first😉