HB 1/72 TA-7C OOB

After my last challenging build....I needed something simple and quick to get my mojo flowing again.  HB kit, straight OOB.  Will be using XtraDecal 72086 for a particular Naval Air Warfare Center aircraft from China Lake.  A colorful little scheme. 

Cheers

Collin

DSCN8470.jpg

DSCN8467.jpg

DSCN8466.jpg

Makes me want to break out this kit from my stash and get working on it!  I even have the Quickboost resin parabrake housing for the tail and that same Xtradecal sheet. 

How was the fit Collin?  That paint scheme is very eye-catching!

-Derek

Honestly, this is a great fitting little kit. If it wasn’t for the squashed intake, I would build the 1/48 model no problem. I would recommend it for a refreshing build with little hassle. 

Cheers

Collin

On 3/20/2019 at 1:49 PM, SERNAK said:

😡🤬🤯 The only reason for which I'm looking like crazy for the RVHP resin set!!!

What about grafting a portion of a  Fujimi A-7 kit intake to replace and improve the squashed look on this kit?  I have thought about trying it but I wonder if anyone else has done this before I ruin my TA-7 kit?!

-Derek

Hi Derek,

If you have the Fujimi kit, go for it!!! If not, then the downside is that this kit is quite expensive. You might find one with a decent price on Ebay but, the shipping cost can prohibit you from buying it, at least this is what has happened to me in more than two occasions😡

Ofcourse, taking the Fujimi air intake and placing it on the Hobbyboss kit is not an easy task because you also have to count the front wheel well in the whole "equation"!!!

This is the reason why I'm looking for the RVHP set. By the way, I did find one recently on Ebay (for the 1/48 Hasegawa kit) but again, the shipping cost was high. As the seller told me it has to do with the fact that the whole airframe is cast in resin thus, increasing the weight of the kit's packaging.

Anyhow, if you decide to go for it with the Fujimi kit then good luck!!

By the way, have you thought about taking the air intake from another kit? There are plenty out there.... Matchbox, Heller, Airfix, Italeri....

You'd probably have better luck with anything than the Fujimi kit.  The intake on that kit is separate, and designed to snap into two grooves on the nose:

2v2EHmmayxfzdhW.jpg

Also, the Minicraft/Hasegawa kit has a short intake trunk that's blanked off at the rear end, for whatever that's worth.

Ed

On 3/27/2019 at 12:48 AM, TheRealMrEd said:

You'd probably have better luck with anything than the Fujimi kit.  The intake on that kit is separate, and designed to snap into two grooves on the nose:

My thoughts exactly.  Since the intake is separate, it should lend itself more easily to the HB kit.

-Derek