Difference between the F-15C&E horizontal stab

Never heard of a size difference, but aftermarket stabs for example may not match the curvature of the GWH kit in that area.  Try sanding the stabs trailing edges thinner, although you may have to replace any raised detail.

3 hours ago, jenshb said:

Never heard of a size difference, but aftermarket stabs for example may not match the curvature of the GWH kit in that area.  Try sanding the stabs trailing edges thinner, although you may have to replace any raised detail.

Who makes aftermarket stabs?

The main issue of GWH F-15 stablizers is not the edge thickness, but the wrong positioned axle and together witht the wrong placed endurance plate.

So if you are willing to build the best F-15, Quickboost F-15E resin stablizers are must.

I'm also making the correct shape windshield/canopy correction set for GWH F-15s, the original parts are way too wide and cross section is very bad (not true round).

1 hour ago, haneto said:

The main issue of GWH F-15 stablizers is not the edge thickness, but the wrong positioned axle and together witht the wrong placed endurance plate.

So if you are willing to build the best F-15, Quickboost F-15E resin stablizers are must.

I'm also making the correct shape windshield/canopy correction set for GWH F-15s, the original parts are way too wide and cross section is very bad (not true round).

Well, put me on the list for two windshield/canopy sets! 

Now, must find stabilizers. I tell you, its a never ending task, trying to get all the aftermarket to correct one's kits. My only complaint is that I don't have that much money, because I LOVE buying model stuff! :banana:

48 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Now, must find stabilizers. I tell you, its a never ending task, trying to get all the aftermarket to correct one's kits. My only complaint is that I don't have that much money, because I LOVE buying model stuff! :banana:

I'll take at least 3 sets for myself

6 hours ago, haneto said:

Will you be making it available for sale? If so, I'm down for one.

Thanks!

On 3/18/2019 at 9:05 AM, Mstor said:

The WSO left circuit breaker panel is wrong as are the wheels for the GWH "E" kit.

4 hours ago, adamitri said:

The WSO left circuit breaker panel is wrong as are the wheels for the GWH "E" kit.

Would that apply to the F-15I also? I have that one plus a F-15J kit.

On 3/18/2019 at 7:53 AM, haneto said:

haneto, do you plan on making windshield/canopy sets for both single and two seater F-15s? Realized I should have gotten that clarified first.

I built the Academy and GWH 1/72nd  Strike Eagles head-to-head last year. I did think the entire GWH nose looked too beefy from the windscreen forward, only a fraction, but quite obvious compared to the Academy, which looked dead on to me. So to hear Haneto talk about it being too wide on the 1/48th sort of fits with my observations. Oh yeah, and the GWH drop tanks are terrible too!

Edited by Dmanton300
1 hour ago, Dmanton300 said:

I built the Academy and GWH 1/72nd  Strike Eagles head-to-head last year. I did think the entire GWH nose looked too beefy from the windscreen forward, only a fraction, but quite obvious compared to the Academy, which looked dead on to me. So to hear Haneto talk about it being too wide on the 1/48th sort of fits with my observations. Oh yeah, and the GWH drop tanks are terrible too!

Wow interesting to know about the drop tanks. Have not taken a close look at the tanks in my GWH F-15I kit so can't really tell. Is there a location where a drawing of the tank is available? I tried the Google thing and lots of hits but mostly info. Will try again.

2 hours ago, Dmanton300 said:

haneto was talking about the windshield/canopy being too wide. Not the nose. Or did I miss something?

14 minutes ago, Dmanton300 said:

No, that's what he was talking about, but it may explain why the whole nose area looks too beefy to me. 

Are you guys talking about the 1/72 series of GWH F-15's? Or the 1/48 series? I'm sorta confused since I am reading 1/72 scale in the same thread. AND....the corrected F-15B/D and follow on kits were supposed to have corrected the shape of the nose, canopy, et.al. I don't recall reading of people complaining when the correction set was added to the F-15B/D kits or much after the release of the others. Now all of a sudden we're scrambling to replace parts.