1/48th Boeing B-52H 'BUFF'

2 hours ago, MA Cooke said:

Amazing. B-36 in the queue? (I'm joking...is there even such a beast?)

HPH do a 1/48th B-36, but it costs way more than I'm willing to pay for a model!

Tom

Wow this is an inspirational build it's so huge. Ill be following along to see how handling a bigger aircraft build comes together. It's intimidating taking on the larger planes especially in 1/48th. I have always desired a Catilina PBY but the size in 1/48 has stopped me.

• 1 month later...

I have been having a little play with the B-52's flaps of late, although bench-time has been limited due to work which has a habit of getting in the way. 

I thought I'd start with the easiest flap and therefore have made the left outboard flap first from plastic card. They're actually a lot more complex that I had first realised and there are numerous cut outs and panels present - I haven't tried to replicate every last detail but this will be a good starting point:

51174762460_1be60c8eff_b.jpg

When on the wing, this looks the part and once primed and in grey I think will do the job nicely:

51174459964_28119bf8ea_b.jpg

I'll complete the right outboard one next - this should be relatively easy as it's just a mirror image of this one - and then I'll need to tackle the more complex inboard flaps.

Best regards to all,

Tom