I'm trying to find a 1/35th duce 1/2 from the Vietnam war.  The gun ring and cover for the back are noty necessary.

I'm alsl trying to find the conversion kit for the H.B. V-100 that will turn it into the A.F. Security Police base defense version.

The last two are a 1970s version of a C.J. 5 jeep and a M-715 weapons truck, at least that's what we called it back then, without the cover for the back.

19 hours ago, ikar said:

I'm trying to find a 1/35th duce 1/2 from the Vietnam war.  The gun ring and cover for the back are noty necessary.

I'm alsl trying to find the conversion kit for the H.B. V-100 that will turn it into the A.F. Security Police base defense version.

The last two are a 1970s version of a C.J. 5 jeep and a M-715 weapons truck, at least that's what we called it back then, without the cover for the back.

Academy makes an M35 Vietnam era 2½. It's a nice kit.

DSCN0661-sm.jpg

oops, never mind. you want 1/35th.

Edited by Grey Ghost 531
On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:43 PM, Drifterdon said:

What scale is this?   Been looking for one in 1/48 to use as a Snark launcher tow vehicle.

1/72 Academy. I thought the big Lindberg Snark kit had a Cletrac?

23 minutes ago, Grey Ghost 531 said:

1/72 Academy. I thought the big Lindberg Snark kit had a Cletrac?

I think you're right but was wanting to do up a display of an operational bird while with the 702nd Strat Missile Wing.   For all of one month!   I thought I had seen pics from Presque Isle where they were towed from their storage buildings to the pad using a version of the M35 with generator/launch gear in place of the bed but can't seem to locate them now.  This is I believe a test launch from the Cape using same vehicle.

Image result for sm-62 snark

Edited by Drifterdon

I thought that area had been set up with Bomarcs  for defense back then.  When I was at Loring a number of abandoned anti aircraft gun positions were still there if you knew where to look as well as a missile launch facility not too far from the base.  You could drive right up to it, walk through the gate and have access to the whole site.  The missile bays were still there with one or two of the doors still open and one launch rail sticking partly out.  You couldn't go underground to the site because it was completely flooded by crystal clear ice water.  They left paintings on the walls, furniture and who knows what else, but you would never get through the water.  I