1:48 F/A-18F decals

Shopping on eBay and see some decal companies I’m not familiar with. Anyone have experience with DXM, Authentic, Galaxy, Jasmine, or CTA? Never heard of any of them but lots of 1:48 options. 

Edited by jester292
1 hour ago, bikerider said:

I've used DXM decals for some JASDF subjects... they're very good

I agree, as long as you get their decals made by Cartograph. Many of their earlier decals were printed by someone else and their quality was poor in my experience. They took a long time to release from the carrier paper and broke up on application.

4 hours ago, evilmedic13 said:

They usually have it printed on the front that it was printed by cartograf.

Yep, most all their Cartograph decals have the Cartograph logo printed on the cover sheet, usually along the bottom somewhere. A few just state "Printed by Cartograph". In fact, I think all their current catalog is printed by Cartograph. It is some of their earlier decals you have to be careful of.

As to the other decals you asked about, the only other one I used was Authentic and I did not have a good experience with them. It was a set for the Su-24. They would release from backing paper only after a very long soaking and broke up as soon as they hit the model. I think others have had good experiences with them. I have avoided the brand ever since. They may have quality control issues, I don't know.

I bought some Authentic decals for the EA-6B in 48th. They were stiff and didn’t lay down well. Eventually after alot of micro sol, they formed. I wont buy another set which is too bad because they are the only maker of VAW-116 Sunkings decals. 

• 3 weeks later...

Received my Galaxy F/A-18F decals. Quality appears to be pretty good. Quite glossy but thin and sharp looking.

Biggest disappointment is that they don’t include stencils. Only markings and national insignia. In addition this particular VF-103 sheet comes with precut masks for the tattered flag outline on the tail which is very nice.