Alclad II white primer

Hi All

I tried using Alclad II white primer for the first time for landing gear.  Went on very well.  So well that I see no need for another coat of white paint.  Any other white paint will yellow against plastic, but this is primer.   Am I missing something or anyone else confirming this as a good technique?

Make sure well ventilated and wearing proper mask if you use this paint.

Thank you,

Jon

Don't know if this really applies, but, on my Su-35 build, all of the black is just Alclad II gloss black primer.  That includes the ejection seat, hoses, tires, wires, avionics screens, HUD frame and the rest of the forward cockpit (below the windscreen) and the anti-glare paint on the nose and canopy.   Only thing I did in addition was gloss and semi-matte where needed.   The tires were 3 layers, alclad II primer followed by MRP acrylic tire paint, followed again by light coats of alclad II gloss black primer.  Looks convincing enough for me so I sealed it and left it alone. 

I don't know squat, so not sure if the two (black and white) are the same aside from the color... but it worked out well for me.  

I say if it looks good, then its good.  

I'm new to this hobby, but one thing I said to myself from the beginning is that I'm not going to go completely insane with trying to color match every conceivable part.   Personally, I don't think that's even possible using nothing more than photographs, but that's a whole different discussion.  What is more important to me, at least for minor colors (like misc parts, hoses, LG, antennas, fins, whatever) is that it looks realistic and believable.   

So, IMO, if that Alclad II white primer looks good, then its good.  

I have often used Tamiya white or Gunze Mr. Surfacer white primers for white on various parts. They go on well and look good to me, so I didn't bother with any other white paint. I agree, if it looks good, why not?

I had an interesting experience with the white primer.  It lifted from the model when I used Tamiya masking tape.  The grey primer stuck just fine.  Might have been something I did but I doubt it.  Alclad II has had some quality control issues before.