Flory models sponge sanding sticks

Go to the makeup section of our local drugstore- you'll find all manner of nail files for way cheaper. Want a thin stick? Just cut them down with a straightedge and an xacto knife- although some use bandsaws for this. While you're there, get some sponge makeup applicators- and you might even find some microbrushes on the cheap as well.

I agree with chukw that if you want a standing stick going the drugstore or even online nail store is the cheapest.  I like the Tropical Shine brand because they are color coded and it makes it easy to grab the grit I need.  However, if you want a sponge backed sander I really like the Infini Model ones.  They are available through MicroMark and like Viper730 said, an excellent product.  

They can be easily made right at home. I use old stick as a base, remove sandpaper and underlying mounting tape with few drops of Ronsonol, then stick new mounting tape from any hardware store and new sandpaper on top. New sticks probably don't look as beautiful but work exactly the same.

Edited by Helmsman