Different color/tone of plastic?

Well this was a first for me.  A couple of months ago, I purchased a Monogram B-36 off of eBay.  It was still in its shrink wrapping.  I didn't unwrap it until last weekend.  Everything seems fine with it but one thing I noticed was that the left fuselage half is in the usual silver plastic while the right fuselage half almost appears to me closer to a darker "gun metal" hue.  Anyone else ever coome across something like this?

Thanks!

Eric

Is the odd part on a separate sprue?  IIRC, it's the distributor who does the packaging.  They get boxes filled with a single sprue, then combine them into the kit box and ship out to vendors.  Could be Monogram had to use a different batch of styrene to complete the order and the distributor didn't care it was a different color, and for good reason.  The kit material is made to a certain spec for thickness and material, color usually doesn't figure into the specification.

That was the odd/interesting part.  After removing the plastic and opening the box, that's when I saw that the two fuselage halves were sitting loose on top.  I've built three other B-36s in my time but the last one was about a dozen years ago.  I couldn't remember if the fuselage halves were originally attached to sprues or if they were simply loose in the box.  I'll have to take a closer look to see if I have entire sprues that of different shades.

Eric

12 hours ago, viking73 said:

Wow, you’ve built three Monogram B-36s?!  My hat is off to you sir!  I can’t even seem to finish one 😂

-Derek

Thanks Derek!  I'm sure others have done more.  I'll tell you one thing, it was always about ten years between each B-36.  I think it was due to exhaustion.  LOL!

Eric