New 1/144 prop liners from Roden

I was checking out the Roden web site and their is several interesting prop liners in 1/144 scale being released by them later in the year #334 Convair CV-340, #338 Convair C-131B, #339 Boeing 307,  #340 Focke-Wulf FW-200, and #341 Heinkel HE-111H6.

• 6 months later...

Caracal is releasing a T-29/C-131 decal sheet for the Convairliner kits. I just went to the Roden website and looked at the CV-340 product page.  Is it me, or do the cabin windows appear to be molded 90 deg out?  Also note that I measured the window openings with a red line then copied the red line and placed it over the windows.  Hmm. something fishy going on here!   It looks like each window will need to be cut and glued in place piecemeal.  Does anyone have this kit and care to comment?

R/ Dutch

001.JPG.dbbcc5d5eb08a67894ac90fc7f31a82f.JPG

Edited by Dutch

Caracal is releasing a T-29/C-131 decal sheet for the Convairliner kits. I just went to the Roden website and looked at the CV-340 product page.  Is it me, or do the cabin windows appear to be molded 90 deg out?  Also note that I measured the window openings with a red line then copied the red line and placed it over the windows.  Hmm. something fishy going on here!   It looks like each window will need to be cut and glued in place piecemeal.  Does anyone have this kit and care to comment?

R/ Dutch

001.JPG.dbbcc5d5eb08a67894ac90fc7f31a82f.JPG

I lol'd 😄

Dutch,

I don't have one of these kits yet, but why even mess with the windows in this scale?  I would either use Krystal Kleer after painting if you want them clear, or fill and sand them smooth and use black decals to represent the windows.  Masking them in 1/144 would be a royal pain in the a$$.

Just my two cents worth.  🙂

-Derek

Derek, 

Hence my request to Kursad to add window decals to the CD144022 sheet, but too late.  Though he promises in his forum to do a multi subject window sheet in 1/144. I would still need to backup the window openings,  hence the need for decently shaped and spaced kit windows. I can putty those pretty easily. 

R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch
Add detail

Belay my last!  The Roden Convairliner windows do appear to be correctly molded.  The photo I downloaded from the Roden website must be distorted somehow.  I found the kit on eBay with a parts picture which I have included below.  When I do the very unscientific red line measurement test again, it appears to match.  So, I stand corrected and belay my last blast.  Phew!   

001.JPG.e9b82d0e18e04d47b454b52ceb2b4369.JPG