Decals for Canadian CH-124 in 1/72?

Is there any source out there that currently produces 1/72 decals for a Canadian CH-124 in a normal paint scheme that is currently used that is not some special paint job?  Belcher Bits did a sheet at one time but it is no longer produced and I'll be darned if I can find any other decal provider that has modern markings.

the Belcher set is the only one that i know of, however, when I used them, I found them to be a bit light and the markings tended to disappear into the grey.   I repainted my chopper a lighter than prescribed colour and then a better contrast resulted

Dsc06325.jpg

Edited by Snowbird3a

If you can't find any, PM me your address, I have enough of my two sheets of SeaKing markings  to make up one, and some Arrow Graphics numbers to make up what I used.

Cheers, Tony

PS  ignore the too-tall rotor mast on my Airfix job. 😞

Dsc06321.jpg

45 minutes ago, Snowbird3a said:

the Belcher set is the only one that i know of, however, when I used them, I found them to be a bit light and the markings tended to disappear into the grey.   I repainted my chopper a lighter than prescribed colour and then a better contrast resulted

Dsc06325.jpg

Yeah I think that Belcher is about it.  I did find that Canmilair had some at one time but they are also OOP. 

That bird looks really good.  What kit is that?  Did you use the belcher resin too?

I am hoping Kursad can put some Canadian markings on a sheet he is working on.  Some more post gulf war markings (which was the newest markings on the belcher sheet) would be great.

1 minute ago, Snowbird3a said:

If you can't find any, PM me your address, I have enough of my two sheets of SeaKing markings  to make up one, and some Arrow Graphics numbers to make up what I used.

Cheers, Tony

PS  ignore the too-tall rotor mast on my Airfix job. 😞

Dsc06321.jpg

Thanks for the offer, I may hit you up for that if I don't luck out.  Is that the new airfix kit or the old one?

I am thinking of using an old fujimi kit with the belcher resin.

Its the new Airfix yellow SAR release with some PE thrown at it and the required conversion from a Westland;  with the Belcher Gulf war  conversion and some scratch doing.

Way better than the Fujimi it, by the way

Cheers, Tony

8 hours ago, Snowbird3a said:

Its the new Airfix yellow SAR release with some PE thrown at it and the required conversion from a Westland;  with the Belcher Gulf war  conversion and some scratch doing.

Way better than the Fujimi it, by the way

Cheers, Tony

How did you handle the blades?  In looking at the new airfix kit it looked like they have the composite blades but I don't see composite blades on the Canadian aircraft.  Did you modify them or use blades from another kit?  I do like the looks of the new kit though.  Might have to buy one just to do a RN build or two now to do the the RCN build too!

4 hours ago, Lupusprimus said:

HELI SCALE QUALITY has this decal set. It's also available in 1:72. Don't know if it's enough for your purpose.

177560617_S-61CF(09).jpg.f7b3fd03fc770953c7ac02bea7001597.jpg

That would be a start.  Wish they had more numbers but I think I could scab together numbers from other sources.  But that website.  I can't figure out where the decals are listed and if they are available and my translator app doesn't work too well on that site.  Have you used their decals before?

A colleague drew the decals himself. If you need other numbers, you have to say so. You can adjust that. These decals are available in every size, you just have to order them. service@heli-scale-quality.com.
They are a bit thicker than industrial decals because of the type of printing, but more brilliant in colour (you won't need it with your grey).
I have been using them for 10 years on my helicopter models.

s61b01.jpg.e3cd9e945fd457a63b4c9b657021b5af.jpg

s61b02.jpg.f6bc89fd26585e0e0d43e063324492a5.jpg

31 minutes ago, RCAFFAN said:

Also see my reply in the Caracal post as to the coming Air-Graphics sheet as to a Desert Storm scheme.....

Yeah thanks for that.  I'll see about that when it comes out.  Like I said over there it would be great to have a sheet with the basic stencils, the variations of the more current national markings and a block of numbers to make custom aircraft numbers.

6 hours ago, ridinshotgun said:

How did you handle the blades?  In looking at the new airfix kit it looked like they have the composite blades but I don't see composite blades on the Canadian aircraft.  Did you modify them or use blades from another kit?  I do like the looks of the new kit though.  Might have to buy one just to do a RN build or two now to do the the RCN build too!

That would be a start.  Wish they had more numbers but I think I could scab together numbers from other sources.  But that website.  I can't figure out where the decals are listed and if they are available and my translator app doesn't work too well on that site.  Have you used their decals before?

I modified the blades to the old style, wasn't hard to do.   I just tried to make them look like a Fujimi kit blade

Tony