Kitty hawk Blackhawk review online.

WOW, it’s made it’s way to the UK and it’s amazing.

An online review of the staggering model is now out. Go to Phil Flory on YouTube.

Great work by Kittyhawk and Floyd Werner.

Edited by Wafu
Addition

It looks awesome.  Can’t wait to see it in person.  Note how the engine area and exhaust areas are molded.  Can you say original, HIRSS, and upturned exhausts in the future?  That is just one of the things we did.  

Anybody want to buy buy some Academy Blackhawks...cheap.

Floyd

6 hours ago, hawkwrench said:

Simply amazing.  Shut up and take my money!!! Great job Floyd, you hit it out of the park!

Tim

Thats how I feel, take my money, take it all.👍

14 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

It looks awesome.  Can’t wait to see it in person.  Note how the engine area and exhaust areas are molded.  Can you say original, HIRSS, and upturned exhausts in the future?  That is just one of the things we did.  

Floyd

How much? Which variant?

3 minutes ago, zerosystem said:

I see lots of compatible Pave Hawk parts there...

I was thinking the same thing.  It looks like all the HH-60G Pave Hawk parts may be there.  You would just need Werner's Wings Pedro decals and you would be able to build a Pave Hawk from this release.

So, I like the Flory Videos, but I cringe at the technical knowledge. Being a pilot of whirly-choppers it's hard to hear terms like "foot-Window" or crash seat, particularly when it's interspersed with "Swash Plate" etc... kinda funny. I'd be happy to give a course in nomenclature...

On the other hand, what a stunner of a kit... I have a few of the KH models, and now I want more!!

Cheers

H.

1 hour ago, Winnie said:

So, I like the Flory Videos, but I cringe at the technical knowledge. Being a pilot of whirly-choppers it's hard to hear terms like "foot-Window" or crash seat, particularly when it's interspersed with "Swash Plate" etc... kinda funny. I'd be happy to give a course in nomenclature...

On the other hand, what a stunner of a kit... I have a few of the KH models, and now I want more!!

Cheers

H.

I think Winnie we have to look past his technical aircraft talk and focus on the kit, we can all see the standard of what’s being offered and I think we all agree it’s a step forward from the academy offerings.

I do hear you though, reviewers calling yaw pedals rudder pedals on helicopters, turbine blades down intakes etc make my teeth itch but not everyone in our hobby is entrenched in aviation, be it a driver or spanner. 

Happy modeling one and all.

On 3/29/2019 at 5:31 PM, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Floyd

How much mr?

shipping to florida

Can you build a standard UH-60L (i.e. does it have the standard horizontal stab, or just the square folding one?) out of the kit? I'm going to be in for two if you can. 

Aaron 

Edited by strikeeagle801
3 hours ago, strikeeagle801 said:

Can you build a standard UH-60L (i.e. does it have the standard horizontal stab, or just the square folding one?) out of the kit? I'm going to be in for two if you can. 

Aaron 

I think you have everything but the standard stabilizer.  

3 hours ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

How much mr?

shipping to florida

PM on here sent 

Floyd

5 hours ago, strikeeagle801 said:

Aaron 

2 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

I think you have everything but the standard stabilizer.  

I have a few of the standard stabilizers left over from Academy kits if you need/want one.  Just let me know.

Edited by HeavyArty
4 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

I have a few of the standard stabilizers left over from Academy kits if you need/want one.  Just let me know.

Thank you Gino. I know I've got an Academy kit somewhere in the closet that will now go to parts. I just don't remember if it is complete or not. If it isn't, I'll certainly take you up on your offer. I've got to build the Hawk that I got to fly in, in addition to the MH-60L from Somalia that I saw in person a few years ago. 

Aaron 

21 hours ago, strikeeagle801 said:

Aaron 

Based on what we saw in the video, I would say you could backdate it to an A/L IF you acquire a stabilator and instrument panel (and pilot step fairing for an Alpha) from an old Academy kit.  No idea how they would fit, but I am sure that would be a great place to start...  As for antenna configurations, there were quite a few different set-ups during the 80's and 90's so i would check your references for that.

Cheers!

-Ramon