Kitty hawk Blackhawk review online.

On 4/1/2019 at 10:28 AM, HeavyArty said:

I was thinking the same thing.  It looks like all the HH-60G Pave Hawk parts may be there.  You would just need Werner's Wings Pedro decals and you would be able to build a Pave Hawk from this release.

Does the kit have the refueling probe and the low mounted radome?

Yes on the refueling probe, it was an option on the MH.  I didn't see the side mount for the radar though, but the video moved over some of those sprues quickly.  It can always be built with the center mount radar, but I'm also looking for the earlier style. 

I'm not seeing them either. Nor the ESSS wing stub covers. We gave them all the info, I guess they must have forgot it. Considering none of the Helos in Somalia had the DAP packages installed, but had the stub wings on them and the fact the box art shows the stub wings kinda throws me for a loop.

With that in mind,  you would think they would have included those pieces.

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench
10 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Some detail pictures of the plastic on a Chinese modeling forum.

http://www.moxing.net/2019/0403/9852.html

Does it look like the kit can be built without the ESSS wings?  I’m not seeing the stub and gear leg cover that are there when the wings aren’t fitted.

Talking to someone who has a kit, mine are scheduled to come on Saturday, he says the end pieces are in there.  Not an issue. 

Floyd

18 minutes ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Talking to someone who has a kit, mine are scheduled to come on Saturday, he says the end pieces are in there.  Not an issue. 

Floyd

Good news.  I thought I saw them on the youtube video review at the beginning of this thread.  My bet is that Moxing has missed a sprue.

4 minutes ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

It does exist in CAD.  Now I’m trying to get them to issue a separate sprue with the ciloreect parts 

Floyd 

Hopefully they do, because a Somalia era MH-60L can't be built without it.

Tim

On 3/30/2019 at 5:31 AM, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

It looks awesome.  Can’t wait to see it in person.  Note how the engine area and exhaust areas are molded.  Can you say original, HIRSS, and upturned exhausts in the future?  That is just one of the things we did.  

Anybody want to buy buy some Academy Blackhawks...cheap.

Floyd

Hey Floyd, its Anthony from ebay, always pestering you about helos. I might be interested in your academy kits, can you give me details?

Also, I had a question for you, or anyone elso here really. I have been looking at hundreds of photos of Black Hawks online, downloading walk-arounds etc, but I still am unable to distinguish the A from the L. Most pictures do not show the tail very well, and even in the pictures with the tail visible, I still don't see the difference. Some photos have the full tail and are labeled as A models, others have the cut tail, but are also labeled A models. Is there any easy to find distinctions between all the models?

I plan on building quite a few versions for all branches that use them, but I need to maje sure that the kit matches what ever aftermarket decals and resin is the proper gear first.

Anyway, thanks everyone, and Floyd, you can message me about the kits for sale, when I get my skills back, I plan on doing a LOT of 1/35 scale from Kitty Hawk, I just love their models so far. I have the 1/48 UH-1Y and AH-1Z, only wish I had waited though, the 1/35 scale is incredible!

Thanks guys,

Anthony stalker6recon D'Agostino

You cannot tell an A model from an L model by looking at the tail. The ways to tell are hard to see unless your an aircrew or a modeler who knows about them. 

The landing gear sponsors underneath the pilot's doors are wider on an L model and shorter on an A model.

The ESSS (stub wing) covers are only found on L models.

The A model has a flat cover with a small raised area on it.

If your really good, you can notice an A from an L by looking at the pilot steps under the sponson.

I'll try to find some pics to show you. Or an ARC guy here named Gino can show you.

Tim

1 hour ago, hawkwrench said:

Must have worked. Song showed the parts over on FB. Not sure if they just got forgotten or what. Not sure how KH is going to get these out to those who have bought the kit already. 

Tim

Thats going to be the big question.  I’ve got one coming from Amazon and one from eBay.  Also, is there more than just the stub wing cover?  Isn’t the plate just below that covers the gear strut also different?  The one in the kit looks like it has the mounting lugs for the struts that support the wing exposed.  I’m assuming that the stub wing cover is from the HH-60G kit, and photos of that kit show the strut cover plate is different.  There appear to be fairings over where the support strut lugs are.

3wWLLDc.jpg

Edited by Dave Williams

Does anyone know when this kit will be available to purchase in the US?  Or, if there are good EBay sellers that we can buy from now?  I've recently had some terrible experiences with overseas sellers of model kits and don't want to experience that again.

Secondly, I understand that only the overseas kits will or do have the resin figures included in the kit.  Is that really true?  I'd really like to have those figures included in the model kit that I buy.  

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

13 hours ago, Stalker6recon said:

Also, I had a question for you, or anyone elso here really. I have been looking at hundreds of photos of Black Hawks online, downloading walk-arounds etc, but I still am unable to distinguish the A from the L

As Tim says, the biggest (and I believe only) external difference is in the step sponson under the pilots' doors.  On the L, they are about six inches wider to accommodate a roll stabilizer that was added.

Here is an A model.  Notice where the step comes out of and how close it is to the outside of the sponson.

2757000.jpg?v=v40

This is an L model with the wider sponsons.  See how much room there is between the step and the outside of the sponson.

2849573.jpg?v=v40

The rest of the changes/updates are all internal and pertain mainly to the engines and avionics.

5 hours ago, hawkwrench said:

Not sure about those pieces,  they aren't there if you are building a MH-60L as TF 160 left them off for easier C-5 loadout.

Tim, this is true for Operation Gothic Serpent (Somalia, '93) but not necessarily for other deployments.  It would be good to still have them as an option to build other time frames.  Also, if you leave the fairing off, you still need the connection points for the ESSS supports.  They are integral to the fuselage structure.

Super 64 had the lower fairing removed and you can still see the ESSS support attachment points.

Super64_zps7196e4c2.jpg

This one (presumably later) leaves off the covers but still has the lower fairing installed.

mvc-122f.jpg

This one appears to have the full covers and lower fairing installed.

1063584.jpg?v=v40

Edited by HeavyArty
2 hours ago, Curt B said:

Does anyone know when this kit will be available to purchase in the US?  Or, if there are good EBay sellers that we can buy from now?  I've recently had some terrible experiences with overseas sellers of model kits and don't want to experience that again.

Secondly, I understand that only the overseas kits will or do have the resin figures included in the kit.  Is that really true?  I'd really like to have those figures included in the model kit that I buy.  

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

I’ve not heard that only the overseas kits have the figures.  The box tops all seem to say “no crew are included”, but as shown on the Flory Models review and the one on moxing.net, their kits have figures but there is nothing on the outside of the box like a sticker to say “special edition - figures included”.  May have to wait until the kit is available from US distributors to know for sure.

Best thing to do on eBay is look for sellers with a lot of positive history over a long period of time.  Scammers make have a high positive rating, but if you look closely it’s a very low number of feedbacks or only very recent feedback.  The kit is also available on Amazon for what looks like a better price than the eBay sellers currently listed.