1/48 Jet Ranger Bubble Windows

Interesting question.  I've never seen any.  However, I am not the authority on modeling like some of these guys are.  I'd like to find better window myself, so I will keep my eye on this.  Though, if history remains true, there will be little love for the 206/Kiowa.

Sorry Chris, not really sure what you mean with bubble windows: the newer type of JetRanger/ 206- pilot and passenger windows that are not flat, but 'stick out a bit'?

Or the type of window on the pilot door that is used for vertical reference during aerial crane work?

Those are not "Bubble" windows per say, you can probably call them pop outs.  The Navy Th-57  & some civil 206B-III have them, they stick out about 5" - 6" at the back and taper in towards the front to be flush with the airframe.

Attached is a bubble we used in sling load work in the spring and fall.  You had to duck down and stick your head into it, bit awkward but the only way to sling when the OAT is 25 F.  We also had them on the 500D's.

We had them on all the birds used to sling equipment.  the attached shot was taken in the Grand canyon area in '82 while I was working for Rocky Mountain Helicopters out of Provo UT.

The TH-57C shot is from 162668 TAW-5 NAS Washington 9-95,

Both shots by Bryan Wilburn

AKA, me

206BIII_Bubble.jpg

TH-57C_162668_TAW-5_ADW_RR_9-95_PopOuts_BW_BryanWilburn3.jpg