1/48 - North American P-51H Mustang by Modelsvit - released

In progress 1/48th North American P-51H Mustang by Modelsvit - release in 2nd half 2019.

At last something else than the usual D model. This Mustang type was once upon a time the backbone of the ANG units. 

KursadA if you read this thread...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/modelsvit/posts/2319912991611072

55840276.jpg

55619250.jpg

56232923.jpg  55575875.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by HomeBe
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to this one. I never did get around to picking up the earlier incarnations of the P-51H in 1/48, I am kind of surprised that it took this long to have a good one come along.

Edited by DonSS3
Clear Up my statement.
On 4/13/2019 at 4:32 PM, mightymax said:

I have in the stash a HiPM as well as a CA. This one will be interesting....

Max Bryant 

Just tossed my half-built CA kit out... Whoever designed the resin cockpit had never seen the plastic fuselage.

• 1 month later...

You can ask:  What another Mustang in 48th scale? Why and who needs it?

Yes, but this is a P-51H version!

Modelsvit has shown the first test shots of the new kit.

tPnbbxo.jpg

4IYwoER.jpg

AcatFJc.jpg

lr1nqlL.jpg

bZStjD9.jpg

YhfByoo.jpg

EhCJuCo.jpg

SqeeTax.jpg

yZuq2HJ.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

I just checked the pictures on FB, full definition, the detail treatment is amazing, perfectly defined and not too wide. I can spot an improvement with every new release from them. It is nice to get exotic subjects from these new brands, but at such overall quality level ? Well done Modelsvit !!!

Didn't see images of the upper wing panels, just the lower ones with the very evident rivets.  I think that the preceding Mustang variants had the wings painted with thick primer and block-sanded so as to preserve the fragile laminar airflow over the wings, which I think would obviate rivets being visible.  Is that the case on the H-model, too?  And I don't know whether the wing lower surfaces got the same fill-and-sand that the upper surfaces did.  

Any Mustang students out there who can comment? 

4 minutes ago, peter havriluk said:

Didn't see images of the upper wing panels, just the lower ones with the very evident rivets.  I think that the preceding Mustang variants had the wings painted with thick primer and block-sanded so as to preserve the fragile laminar airflow over the wings, which I think would obviate rivets being visible.  Is that the case on the H-model, too?  And I don't know whether the wing lower surfaces got the same fill-and-sand that the upper surfaces did.  

Hmmm...

When I look closely at the pic of the lower wing, I see rivets clearly in the area under the fuel tanks.  If I look outboard I see much more restrained surface detail?  I too wish there was a picture of the upper wing panels.

C2j

6 hours ago, peter havriluk said:

Mustangs typically had the wings stripped in ANG service during major service, so it's unlikely that an H would have puttied wings unless it was brand new.

The putty did add performance, but it took maintenance to keep in good shape. Stripping them back made them easier to service.

And is in prepare Twin Mustang too ? F-82 was a derivate from "H" version, not ? And i saw a time ago a new tool Twin Mustang announced, but i forgot a company. 

4 hours ago, Curt B said:

The model H was only use post WWII, correct?

Yes, it was used postwar and primarily by the ANG. With only a little over 500 built they were worn out by the time the Korean War arrived and unused D models were pulled form storage and refurbished instead.

Some of the most colourful Mustang schemes ever though

4 hours ago, AlCZ said:

And is in prepare Twin Mustang too ? F-82 was a derivate from "H" version, not ? And i saw a time ago a new tool Twin Mustang announced, but i forgot a company. 

Yes, the F-82 is a derivative of the H and Modelsvit is the company that announced they're working on a F-82..